Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjp1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Montgomery Ward sewing machine
    I have a Montgomery Ward sewing machine head and I'm trying to learn more about it... the year, the value, etc. The label on the machine says "Precision built for Montgomery Ward Made in Japan." Model # UR 185 B
    Serial # 55X
    Volts 110-120
    Cycles 25-60

Thanks for any information you can furnish.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2007, 09:56 PM
    Is this an electric or treadle machine, please?

On the following link is some information and also links to some sites that may be of help to you. The question was about a Montgomery Ward sewing machine.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/collec...ne-127835.html
    fireftnchick Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2007, 06:31 AM
    I think you may have taken the info from the motor. Flip up the machine and look underneath. There should be a serial number and a JA number. Since it is a Japanese machine it was made after the 50's. National was a domestic sewing machine company and made all Montgomery Wards' machines until the 50's.

vintagejapanesesewingmachines Yahoo group has a lot of info in the files regarding Japanese sewing machines.
    dileatherwood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2011, 10:00 AM
    I would like to know the year of model 188 serel number 55X URR188AB If you know any thing about this please let me know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Montgomery Ward lawn tractor mystery! [ 5 Answers ]

I need help identifying this machine. The oddity is this: two data stickers on this machine, one has the serial number field filled by 361, the other sticker has the model number G/L3352A, or GIL3352A. The model number sticker is on the front blade mount, and the serial number sticker is on the...

Montgomery Ward riding mower won't start [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to the site. Hopefully this isn't a repeat post. I thought that I had posted before, but I can't find it. Nonetheless, here is the question. I have an older year Montgomery Ward ridding lawn mower with a B&G 12.5 I/C engine. Last season it went out on me at the end of the season. I...

Squeaky Montgomery Ward clothes dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Our 16-year-old Montgomery Ward dryer, Signature 2000 model # FFT-7589-80B, has developed a very high-pitched squeak that starts a minute or so after we start it up. I have replaced the felt pad with spacers (between the door and the drum) to no avail. The front panel is a solid panel, and the...

Montgomery Ward riding mower rebuild [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Montgomery Ward riding lawn mower with a PTO shaft driven roto-tiller attachment. It is a 16 Twin 656 cc. Model 33420.. I am trying to finding service manual(s) so I can rebuild it. The engine runs but the wiring has been cut spliced and or removed.

Old Montgomery Ward riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to fix this old riding mower that we just acquired and we can't seem to figure out how the mower deck goes on. If anyone can give detailed instructions that would be great.

View more questions Search