Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhik1984 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Stopping masturbation
    I am a single male. 24 yrs. Student. Waste a lot of my productive time on mansturbation. Is there any definite way of stopping mansturbation without losing my sex drive? Please advice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2007, 11:29 AM
    You do not lose any sex drive if you don't masturbate, you just stop, sex drive stays.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Oct 21, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Why the heck would you want to stop, just sounds insane to me? Cut down on your sleep time and study time, stop talking to your friends, but for God sakes keep choking the chicken! Seriously, could it really be taking that much time out of your life to get a little pleasure here and there?
    BSKing Posts: 4, Reputation: -2

Oct 21, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Don't listen to "stonewilder". Purity is a tough issue, and one that every christian guy faces in this way, so you aren't alone. It's about just.. stopping and accountability. There's no secrets or special tricks. You have to WANT to stop, for the right reasons... and just do it, and keep yourself accountable to somebody to make sure you're styaing on track.
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Oct 21, 2007, 07:49 PM
    You sex drive will likely INCREASE if you stop jerkin your Gerkin, buddy.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2007, 09:33 PM
    At least you can say you have a date. Just don't tell them it's with Rosy Palmer and her five sisters.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 22, 2007, 12:43 AM
    Let's skip the insults, hmm?

Be nice to each other, or I'll delete your posts.
    edzmedz Posts: 180, Reputation: 12

Oct 22, 2007, 01:14 AM
    If u think a lot about wanting to stop it, it becomes even more prominent in your subconscience and you will be thinking about it even more. Anyway all "normal" guys go though periods of over masturbation. Just the other day I was thinking about it myself lol. Just Occupy yourself with something else you like doing. Go out more often because usually you masturbate more when you are alone at home and have nothing else to do.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Oct 22, 2007, 01:36 AM
    If your masturbating a lot you are fulfilling your sex drive with your hand and it will still be there if you stop. It can become addictive and take up time in your life. See if you can stop on your own. And if you can't stop, seek some help at a help group like sex addiction counseling.
    RustyFairmount Posts: 165, Reputation: 40

Oct 22, 2007, 05:57 PM
    One could argue that dating women is a waste of otherwise "productive" time.

Seriously, I doubt that anybody could completely stop. But if you're past the point where your private fun is harming other aspects of your life (relationships, job, health), you have a problem. As others have suggested above, you may want to seek professional help. Only you can decide that. Good luck.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 06:06 PM
    As long as you don't end up like this guy you should be OK.https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/humor-...or-143569.html

Oct 23, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Ah. Now that's the point. I'm not very comfortable going to someone, a professional with sex issues esp if that deals with something like mansturbation. I think I'm seeking the professional advice (the thing which many are talking of) here, where I'm not in direct confrontation with anyone. Help.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Hello r:

Wacking off is VERY normal for a young 24 year old. Yes, it does interfere with things some time. But, if you STOPPED, that would interfere MUCH more. You shouldn't stop. You shouldn't WANT to stop. Wack away.

excon
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Oct 23, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Have you considered finding a girlfriend and getting laid every now and then? That would probably cut down on the masturbation quite a bit.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Oct 23, 2007, 01:07 PM
    I do commend you for being brave enough to come on here and share this problem, I was going to ask the same question but I don't want my friends and peers to know! :-)
    I understand not wanting to go see a doctor about it... Can you imagine when you shake his hand and then tell him your problem? LoL, but sex addition therapy systems usually are a group thing where I would assume almost everyone is masturbating a lot. If you are still uncomfortable with that you would have to do it on your own. I think if it is affecting your life and getting in the way of your studies you have to make a decision before you do it. How many times a day would you average you are doing it?

Oct 26, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
    I do commend you for being brave enough to come on here and share this problem, I was going to ask the same question but I don't want my friends and peers to know! :-)
    I understand not wanting to go see a doctor about it... Can you imagine when you shake his hand and then tell him your problem? LoL, but sex addition therapy systems usually are a group thing where I would assume almost everyone is masturbating a lot. If you are still uncomfortable with that you would have to do it on your own. I think if it is affecting your life and getting in the way of your studies you have to make a decision before you do it. How many times a day would you average you are doing it?
    Hi greg.
    Thanks for trying to help me first of all.
    Sometimes it gets even to 5-6 times a day, but that's rarely, i.e. sometimes on holidays. Its not that I have any issue with mansturbating, but sometimes it takes long hours these days to get a hard on before you can do it. Previously about 2/3 yrs back I could have done it even by closing my eyes, but these days I need to get some mags and journals, etc , hope you get the point , and that takes of a whole lot of time, in fact, otherwise the main stuff takes not more than 5 minutes and 15 minutes a day is almost nothing isn't it. Gen I do it not more than once a day. I am not an addict of doing the thing for sometimes I can go even without it, for e.g. when study loads increase or I have some assignments to complete or I'm in groups etc but sometimes it mounts up like hell and believe sometimes I get very tired after the act and that might well be in betwwen my peak working hours. Hope you understand. I need a solve if there is one. Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Hello again, rhik:

If it's interfering with your life, then you need help. You can find a sex therapist by looking in the phone book.

excon

Oct 26, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by margarita_momma
    Have you considered finding a girlfriend and getting laid every now and then? That would probably cut down on the masturbation quite a bit.
    Hi margarita
    Thanks for your suggestion. In fact my very close friends too suggest the same. I don't know how you concluded the same even without knowing me!
    I tell you what.. I had been wild after two girls in 2 different periods of my life. But perhaps our paths were different, so we never united. I cried for them like hell. In fact I still cry for them. I was so depressed that I took an overdose of sleeping pills 4 yrs back. Then my career took a dream turn and I was gone with it with one change encrypted into me that I will never run after any girl again as I don't have the time to lose for the emotional tag attached to getting into a relationship and I will wait for my girl to approach me. But I really feel low as I'm perhaps the only single, among my friends!

Oct 26, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again, rhik:

If it's interfering with your life, then you need help. You can find a sex therapist by looking in the phone book.

excon
    Thanks for your advice. But sorry, as I told earier that I can't approach someone face to face. In fact I don't know if I'm sure, but your earlier reply is something I shuld believe in. I think you had given me the answer before. Thanks
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Oct 26, 2007, 09:32 AM
    If you are masturbating to the point where it interferes with daily activities than you definitely have a bit of a problem. I mean how many times do you do it that it is interfering with your life? If your running to the washroom at work every so often than you may have a problem, also if nothing is cming out you have a problem!

If this is a religious thing than it is totally different, you may feel bad for doing it in the first place and your faith is more important to you than the gratification of jerkin', If that be the case than I commend you for that.

As foryour sex drive, I do believe it will go wayyyyy up, if I don't "release for a couple of days EVERYTHING looks good, like that behind ain't sooooo big, PLUS if and when you do try it again make sure you gota beach towel handy cause it'll make a mess.

Lastly, don't hold off until your first night with a girl, if you manage to last after she is undressed you will make itall of 3 seconds and then well... not cool LOL!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Stopping a Divorce [ 16 Answers ]

My wife left me 1 month ago. She filed for divorce and moved into an apartment in the same day. We have 2 children and have been married 12 years and together 17 years. She filed once before but we tried to work our problems out. However life happened and she lost her only sister to cancer, I was...

Stopping sex? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year. And we probably started having sex about 3 months into our relationship. We are still having it, but our relationship isn't as strong as it used to be. I don't think he wants me as much. Would stopping the sexual part of our relationship (no sex,...

Levothyroxine- Use and stopping Use [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out specific information regarding Levothyroxine. When you take levothyroxine- it assists your thyroid in producing the right amount of thyroid hormones? Correct So if you were to stop taking it, would your thyroid go back to producing the amount of hormone that it produced...

Stopping masturbation [ 12 Answers ]

I have this male friend who has really big issues with masturbating in that he is so much into it.He has approached me for help to stop it but I have no clue as to how to assist.Any tips on how to stop masturbating?? he is on the edge because of guilt...

Toilet Stopping Up [ 13 Answers ]

Ok, here goes. I have a 2 story home and the bathroom on the lower level continues to back up whenever I run the dishwasher or washing machine. All three here are on the lower level. I am on a septic system, which has been "sucked" out recently. The problem seems worse in the winter and when it...

View more questions Search