Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Oct 27, 2007, 11:44 PM
    I think it is purely a mental problem. I have been there not able to get an erection but still wanted to reach a climax, it can happen from over exertion and draining your sex drive. But it can be a lot more than that as well. Sometimes it can be as simple as not having your true fantasies going through your head. Question... If you get really close with a girl and you may not go all the way, later on when you are alone would it be a quick time well spent session?
    I think most guys have had a similar problem at times in one sense or another. My solution would be to commit to a time in your day to masturbate once (like at night) I bet you would find your sex drive will improve drastically, and your timing will get back to what it was. And after a long day of seeing hot college birds walking around or the hot one in your group work, you will have the drive of a Lamborghini laredo. It takes discipline and trial and error. The fact is masturbation can be very addictive like gambling, the trick is to be careful and make sure at the end of the month you have your rent in your bank account. (Analogy) rent meaning sperm
    ky37m Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

Oct 28, 2007, 11:53 PM
    I guess ill throw my 2 cents in here.
    Masturbation is a great stress reducer. And it sounds like you are stressed. I don't see the problem. Masterbating once a day is not a big deal. I would much rather see you jerking yourself than going out , finding some strange and catching something that really would be a problem. You will not lose your sex drive, if anything it will stay the same or increase. But this is the bottom line, if it convicts you, just stop. It really is that simple, but the fact is, we do exactly what we want to do. I can't imagine that beating off once a day is taking that much time out of your schedule, even if you do have to work your way up to an erection. Life is short, don't waste your time worrying over the little stuff. Follow your instincts.
    Kadehadaire Posts: 197, Reputation: 10

Oct 30, 2007, 04:48 AM
    Masturbation is actually a healthy release.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 31, 2007, 05:55 AM
    There are few reasons to stop, as mentioned earlier: interfering with a normal life , basically, would be the most obvious.
    If a study were performed, I think we'd see two types of guy's in the results... One group that admits that they masturbate, and one group that says they're going to quit.
    It is your's to learn and enjoy. And it's the quintessential safe sex.
    jibsguy Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Nov 1, 2007, 11:03 PM
    Regular exercise can help lower sexual urges. When I set goals to cut back I set workout routines to go with it. It can be difficult to find time to workout but if its nothing more than 20 minutes of push ups and crunches when you otherwise would be masturbating it could help.

Set realistic goals, 2 or 3 times a day to none is hard to stick with. Maybe 2 or 3 times a week? Masturbation is healthy when its not excessive.

I stopped this summer because I was working 3000 miles away from my girlfriend anyway and sex does get in the way of life after a while. The first few days sucked, thought about it constantly. Past that up until about day 15 was good, easy not to do it but seemed like I became a little more emotional than usual. By day 15 or so it just constantly got worse. I made it to about day 25 but by that point it was becoming painful to run and so on so I said screw it. I did notice afterwards that my desire to do it was way less than before, it took about a week before I really considered it again.
    kewlpal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rhik1984
    I am a single male. 24 yrs. student. waste a lot of my productive time on mansturbation. is there any definite way of stopping mansturbation without losing my sex drive? please advice.
    Hi masturbation is a kind of reliving yourself of sexual supression and every animal has a way to express their sexualy maturity or mating time now anything in excess is often damaging in your context over mastrubation could lead to a lot neurological imbalance which could result in making you feel little different firstly it tends to make u feel depressed unhappy and kind of emotional imbalance (now this is scientific explanation I can tell u ) apart from that try to divert your mind to more constructive work like try to play a sport that u love or do work that you will require some mental and physical work...
    Hope that this helps and yes do not stop mastrubation but not in excess...
    Good Luck
    edzmedz Posts: 180, Reputation: 12

Nov 4, 2007, 03:24 AM
    No way working out actually increases your urges. Whenever I work out I always get horny lol
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Nov 4, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Masturbation is often a cure for boredom. Rather than trying to quit you should try to eliminate boredom in the first place. Try to find a hobby, one that you really enjoy. After you've found your hobby, do your hobby whenever you fell the need to masturbate. After you've done your hobby, you might have already forgotten that you were going to masturbate in the first place.
    ky37m Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

Nov 5, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    Masturbation is often a cure for boredom. Rather than trying to quit you should try to eliminate boredom in the first place. Try to find a hobby, one that you really enjoy. After you've found your hobby, do your hobby whenever you fell the need to masturbate. After you've done your hobby, you might have already forgotten that you were going to masturbate in the first place.
    Hey, I have a great idea!! Let masturbation BE your hobby. How cool is that. It's a win/win. Lol hahahah. Sorry , couldn't resist.
    By the way, most of the time when your horny, its not going to go away until you release it.
    That's just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions; there like a@# holes
    And elbows, everybody has a couple.
    Don't make this a big deal, if you feel bad, just quit:)
    jibsguy Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Nov 5, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by edzmedz
    No way working out actually increases your urges. Whenever i work out i always get horny lol
    I've read that people with lower sex drives tend to become more horny while people with higher sex drives less. I'm sure there are exceptions too.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Hello again, r:

Seems to me that MOST of the advice given here is based on the notion that whacking off isn't good. To wit: you should set goals... you should find a hobby... you should work out... it's a mental problem...

That's not surprising considering that we're a really uptight society when it comes to sex. I don't, however, subscribe to the notion that whacking off is bad. It's a great way to spend an available hour. Look, I'd rather get laid. But, when that ain't happening...

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Stopping a Divorce [ 16 Answers ]

My wife left me 1 month ago. She filed for divorce and moved into an apartment in the same day. We have 2 children and have been married 12 years and together 17 years. She filed once before but we tried to work our problems out. However life happened and she lost her only sister to cancer, I was...

Stopping sex? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year. And we probably started having sex about 3 months into our relationship. We are still having it, but our relationship isn't as strong as it used to be. I don't think he wants me as much. Would stopping the sexual part of our relationship (no sex,...

Levothyroxine- Use and stopping Use [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out specific information regarding Levothyroxine. When you take levothyroxine- it assists your thyroid in producing the right amount of thyroid hormones? Correct So if you were to stop taking it, would your thyroid go back to producing the amount of hormone that it produced...

Stopping masturbation [ 12 Answers ]

I have this male friend who has really big issues with masturbating in that he is so much into it.He has approached me for help to stop it but I have no clue as to how to assist.Any tips on how to stop masturbating?? he is on the edge because of guilt...

Toilet Stopping Up [ 13 Answers ]

Ok, here goes. I have a 2 story home and the bathroom on the lower level continues to back up whenever I run the dishwasher or washing machine. All three here are on the lower level. I am on a septic system, which has been "sucked" out recently. The problem seems worse in the winter and when it...

View more questions Search