Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bailey333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Finding the company that holds my pension
    I worked at Security Trust Co, Rochester, NY for 19 yrs. In that time it went from being Security Trust to Norstar Bank to Fleet Bank/Norstar to Fleet Financial Group, and now is Bank of America. I terminated my employment 10/2/87 and I have in my possession a letter dated 11/24/87 from norstar bancorp, indicating that I am eligible to receive a deferred vested benefit that will begin when I retire at age 65, for as long as I live. How can I check to see if this is something that has continued over the years as the bank was going through all these mergers with other banks? Who do I contact? Any help would be appreciated! No one has ever contacted me and I have not changed my address in all these years.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 21, 2007, 09:47 AM
    It has continued. Once vested in a pension benefit, it can never be taken away, even as the company changes hands. Contact Banak for America's Human Resource department for how to track it down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company Introduction Letter (B2B) for a HR services outsourcing company [ 10 Answers ]

How can I make a good company Introduction letter (B2B), for a HR outsourcing company? Please help me out with any free samples.

What the future holds for selfeducation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, . Let me know what is my future for education. I am trying to do my MBA but there are many obstacles proping up which is making me loose interest. . Advice Regards,

Illegal probation holds [ 1 Answers ]

A probation officer who was not my probation officer put a hold on me an iwas held 3 days in jail is that right.

Bank holds and child support [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone... I hope you can help me with my question. A credit card company placed a "hold" on my checking account on Friday. When I met with the banker he told me that the hold was placed on July 2 and is up on the 30th. My debit card is useless. However, I did make a payment for my phone...

3 1/2 year old holds his poop for 4 days [ 1 Answers ]

My son and his wife have tried allowing their 3 year old to go at his own pace with potty training and for the first week everything went OK and then he told them he didn't want to go in the potty and wanted to wear a diaper again. Their pediatrician told them to wait and try again in a few weeks....

View more questions Search