Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FRISP Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2007, 12:20 AM
    Linux OS Free
    Anyone know where I can get this OS free.

I'm told I can use an old PC with this OS as a firewall for my xp PC network. Is this recommended if so how do I go about setting it up.

Oct 22, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Bump
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Most all Linux OSes are free.

Here's a good start for your project: linux firewall tutorial - Google Search

Oct 22, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Thanks dude - going for ubuntu - any good?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 10:49 AM
    I used to dual boot XP and Ubuntu until I sold my old PC and bought a new one. I may do the same soon with Vista and the new Ubuntu release. It was fun to learn everything, the community is very helpful to the noob.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 22, 2007, 10:52 AM
    >Two threads merged<
    Stick to one and DON'T bump as it's considered RUDE!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Linux [ 3 Answers ]

I am using VI editor at work to try to compile my programs for school in C. When I compile I get the file a.out. When I do this on the school's site I am able to just type a.out in the command line and it runs. They are using AIX (whatever that means). I cannot do that here. It keeps saying no such...

Linux [ 5 Answers ]

I have a saa7134 TV cards .my linux (kernal 2.6)not configure for this TV cards.pls help me

Getting linux [ 1 Answers ]

Hi It's me again. First of all let me thank all the experts that have helped me with my problems. "THANK YOU GUYS" I ran all different sorts of scans on the computer and now it's running faster because all the rubbish files are deleted and the spy sweeper has killed all the spies. One of the...

View more questions Search