Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazzsongs Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2005, 07:46 AM
    Submissions to my book with contract? And changing Doctor's text with approval?
    Hello... I am writing my second book and I would like to include people's stories and poems in it. Do I have to have them sign a contract for release of one time rights for me to be able to use this? SECOND QUESTION: I may have a doctor write up a section on what services he performs.
    If my editor fixes the text to make it sound less technical, do I then SHOW the doctor what has been edited and get him to sign something that says he approves of the edited text? THANK YOU..
    Angie
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2005, 08:29 AM
    For the first part, see this related thread.

... as for the editing angle, I would do as you suggest for 2 reasons:

1. You'll have his permission on the final version for the legality end of it, and
    2. You'll be sure that your edits of medical/technical stuff are correct for your readers.
    jazzsongs Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2005, 08:35 AM
    Submissions to my book with contract? And changing Doctor's text with approval?
    Hi... do I have them sign some sort of a formal contract to have their permission to: (1) include them in the book, (2) and their approval for the final editing? If so,where do I find these legal forms? Thanks. Angie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Working on OPT after H1 approval [ 3 Answers ]

Atlanta Expert , I see your excellent solutions , hats off to you. I need a piece of advice.My consultancy is running my payrole on OPT (which is valid till April 2006 ) even when my H1 is approved earlier with a start date of jan 1 2006 . What are the consequences? Is it legal or do I...

Working on OPT after H1 approval [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Iam student working on OPT status . Recently my H1 was approved with start date from Jan 1, 2006 . My OPT is valid until May 2006. Can still work using my Opt till May 2006? If so what are the consequences?? :confused: will it matter me if I am going for H1 B stamping with these...

Doctor's Bill [ 3 Answers ]

Last spring, I had a toothache and went to a dentist for evaluation. The finding was that a wisdom tooth was impacting a back molar and the wisdom tooth needed to be pulled while the molar needed to have a root canal and capped. The dentist forwarded me on to an oral surgeon who was outside of...

Changing default font for body text of received messages. [ 3 Answers ]

My turn to ask a question. :) I'm trying to help a user that wants to change (increase) the font of the text of the messages he receives. We have an Outlook 2000/Exchange 2003 setup here. I know how to change the formating of the message headers but the email body text remains at what the...

Text Size in IE keeps changing [ 3 Answers ]

I just upgraded to a new computer with Windows XP. I have IE 6.0. It's bugging the heck out of me because the text size of pages I visit keeps changing, goes to either largest or smallest. I want to keep it at medium. I couldn't find any setting in the Internet Options under Tools that would fix...

View more questions Search