Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2007, 02:10 PM
    David Copperfield and his millions
    Hello:

A search warrant was executed on this guy for a suspected rape. The cops confiscated computer records and $2 million in cash.

Now, I understand taking his money if he was suspected of bank robbery, or insider trading or money laundering, or not paying his taxes. But they think he didled a chick in Seattle - so they take his money. Huh??

What's money got to do with rape? More importantly, how come I'M the only one outraged at the cops conduct?? Have the cops got you indoctrinated to the point where you think they can just waltz in and take someone's money??

They DO, don't they??

excon
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 02:29 PM
    David Copperfield must be losing his popularity - this is the first I heard about these happenings, and a quick Google news search only got a few hits on the subject matter...

From what I was able to gather he raped a woman (allagedly) in the Bahamas and she lives in Seattle. The FBI raided his warehouse (in Vegas), took the cash and a computer.

I don't get it either. Why is the FBI involved for a rape that took place overseas? Why did they raid his warehouse when the rape took place overses? Why take his computer and cash, which one can assume had nothing to do with the rape? Could it be there is more to the story we don't know? Maybe these allegations are being thrown out at an inconvenient time when the FBI is investigating for other purposes. If we ARE hearing the whole story it makes no sense; the "evidence" seized doesn't seem to have anything to do with the case at hand. MAYBE the computer, but the cash? Something doesn't fit right.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2007, 03:14 PM
    I do not get it either. It makes no sense to me. If that were the case, then every man or woman charged with rape would be screaming to high heaven about their rights being violated and they would be right! Is this because of his money or his fame or what else is going on that we are not told?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Sorry excon, guess I am not as outraged as you. I don't care about the guy and I assume there has to be more to it than an alleged rape case if the FBI is involved. They are the ones that arrested him, not the cops. They didn't raid his home but they raided a warehouse owned by Copperfield. Jillian, according to what I read, the FBI stated they have a right to be involved because the victim is a U.S. citizen. Sounds like we are being fed a bunch of crapola. I think the sexual misconduct is only a very small piece of this puzzle. It appears everyone is being very tight lipped about this case at the moment. What the heck was $2Mil doing in a warehouse? Inneresting stuff. Maybe he is running a prostitution ring and was trying to enslave her in the Bahamas. Maybe he won all that money gambling in Vegas and he didn't report it. I have always thought the guy was a bit creepy and skeevy. But, I feel that way about all magicians. What I want to know is if the guy can make the Statue of Liberty disappear, why couldn't he make his warehouse disappear?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2007, 06:32 AM
    They 'claim' there is some tie in to the incident in the Bahamas.
    Every time a woman claims rape and it becomes national news
    I say it was consentual or it didn't even happen and it always ends up
    One of the two.
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Oct 21, 2007, 06:50 AM
    I definitely think there is more to the whole story that hasn't come out yet. I hear they also confiscated his camera and memory disc... I am thinking the FBI was on him for something else and this rape call gave them the excuse to raid... that's the only thing that makes sense to me... taking his money over a rape accusation doesn't seem right.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2007, 07:31 AM
    Hello again:

Now the cops say they didn't take the loot. Hmmm. I don't believe 'em. Stories like that just don't get made up.

excon
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2007, 08:05 AM
    This is one act where he definitely would like to disappear!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

David copperfield with empire state building [ 2 Answers ]

Is it the true fact that mr. david copperfield once make an empire state building disappeared?

David Bach? [ 1 Answers ]

Has any one heard of David Bach? He is the guy that tells you to save $10 a day and put it in a retirement account. I was watching a special about him on pbs and his theories make sense but I was just curious if anyone has tried his ideas or bought any of his books. Thanks

David [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 van and the heater blows out cold air only---along with this the engine revs up very high at idle. I feel these 2 problems are connected. Any advice as to what to check first

Jason vs. David [ 5 Answers ]

When he left I cried for months.. and I still cry and I have a boyfriend and he knows how I feel about jason because he was his friend and in the summer jason told me "I dont love you, anymore" and when I asked him recently he denies it and he sounded so.. serious and he knows that's my worst fear...

Cousin David [ 3 Answers ]

Something my dad was telling me the other day made me think of this. I had a favorite cousin named David wood Jr. He wasn't my blood cousin but that did not matter to me. In 1998 David committed suicide. Everyone was torn up by this. My dad told me there were things going on in his family that we...

View more questions Search