Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rharris Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Making my maid service profitable
    I recently started a maid service and I have business cards, car magnets, and brochures. I also joined servicemagic for leads for business. I want to know if hiring a business coach will help me to become profitable faster. Or should I use the yellow pages which seems a little expensive.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Oct 20, 2007, 12:25 PM
    If you don't want to pay the extra money to hire a business coach, try talking to people in the community with successful businesses. They don't have to have cleaning businesses to have helpful tips for you. I am also trying to start a cleaning business. I have a few clients, but it's not too big yet. I haven't started advertising very much. My boss knows a lot about business and she had been a big help to me.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2007, 12:57 AM
    I have a number of small businesses that I run. I do still use the Yellow Pages. There are some people who still don't have a computer to look up the things that they want. The Yellow Pages are still the first place that they will look for services. I have the smallest ads in them that I can, in order to make the expense the least as possible. However, I use a word in the title of my business that is towards the beginning of the alphabet to try to insure that I am first in the two categories in which I am listed. And, that would be the word, "Absolute."

You also might want to give some of the great amount of free advertising on the Internet a try. It has worked great for me! The bulk of my business comes from the free advertising that I do on the Internet. Most of the best sites to do that are listed on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...ng-103010.html

If you do a great job for someone and make sure that you say "If you know of anyone else who might like to use my services, I would really appreciate it!" And, also make sure that the current customer has more than one of your business cards so that they might pass on the same to someone else, then the word will spread. It just takes some time...

The key is to make yourself indispensable and go beyond what you have promised to do for a customer. It does make an impression!
    rharris Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Thank you this is some really helpful advice!
    Maid For Success Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 10:44 AM
    I know this answer comes late, however I just joined this group. I have had a maid/janitorial service for 17 yrs. I agree with the above answers and would add that networking groups are a great source of contacts. Also the Chamber of Commerce if afforable is a wonderful group for getting the word out there about your business. The more people know of you and feel that you are credible, the more they will contact you. I do have a maid service coaching business also:) email me at [email protected] for more info... glad to help.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 18, 2007, 12:33 AM
    Score is a non profit group of retired business people who are invaluable to solving many business problems/situations at no charge. Google Score and start there they can help you with most of your questions.

Good luck,
    Sringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 02:18 AM

Thread is old and has had answers that were sufficient enough for the original poster. Original poster hasn't returned to the thread in a very long time. Thread would also appear to be a magnet to spam advertisers.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Maid Of Honor Toast needed quick.. HELP [ 1 Answers ]

I know it's the 11th hour, but my daughter is in desperate need for a short, cute and memorable Maid of Honor Toast for a wedding she is going to attend tomorrow (9/20). If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. **She is Maid of Honor for her best friend.

Issue with being Maid of Honor [ 44 Answers ]

My best friend is getting married in May and has asked me to be the Maid of Honor. I accepted but told her when I accepted that I would not be able to afford to purchase a "one time use" gown and would need her guarantee that my dress would be something classic and re-wearable she agreed. Well...

Pregnant Brides Maid [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have an April 5, 2007 wedding planned. We asked his sister if she would be a bride's maid in the wedding and she said yes. Just this past weekend she informed us that she is pregnant. They were not trying, it just happened (which was a total shock to them since they needed help with...

I am getting sexually attracted to my maid [ 5 Answers ]

I am aged 39. We have a maid in our house who is also the same age. I am getting sexually attracted towards her day by day. Is there any way I can have a normal sex with her. I cannot take a risk of forced sex. Are there any means by which I can make her want sex. I am also afraid of giving her...

I just maid a mistake and broke up with her what do I do. [ 17 Answers ]

Threads merged Me and my Ex-girlfriend have been together for 2 1/2 years now. In the beginning like so many other relationships we were really into each other. With out having sex. When I met her she had an ex-boyfriend that she frequently visited in jail. I did'nt have a problem with it in the...

View more questions Search