Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amanda Dyer Lowe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2005, 03:55 PM
    U.S. History Question
    1. What event was known as the "Trail of Tears"?
    2. What was the relief strategy of the Hoover administration during the initial years of the great depression?
    3. 2.5 million immigrant workers participated in the Industrial Revolution. Where did they come from?
    4. According to the U.S. constitution who has the authority to declare War?
    cbuk1013 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2005, 07:18 PM
    Trail of tears was an American Indian event

Congress has the right to declare war (at least that's how it's supposed to work)
    BrendaAnn926 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2006, 02:17 PM
    Trail of Tears--Migration of the Cherokees to Oklahoma. (Jackson was president at this time)

The relief strategy of Hoover... Called for few reform measures, but the overarching strategy revolved around the idea that government should not interfere with the business cycle. (The "do-nothing president")

Yep, Congress has the right to declare war...

This wouldn't by chance be a Social Science exam through WGU? LOL I came here looking for the immigrant question and ALL of these exact questions are on my Preassessment!
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 7, 2006, 08:41 AM
    [QUOTE=Amanda Dyer Lowe]
    1. What event was known as the "Trail of Tears"?
    QUOTE]

It was the forceful removal of the Cherokees from their ancestral home. The Cherokees had decided to imitate the white man's way of life and had become very prosperous by doing so. Of course such prosperity didn't sit well with those who wanted that land for themselves and "legal" measures were taken to acquire it. The sad thing about this incident is that the Cherokees appealed to the USA Supreme Court--the court decided in their favor, and the president-Andrew Jackson, ignored it and gave permission for the Cherokees to be thrown off their land. In fact, Jackson boasted on how the Supreme Court didn't have the military power to counter his defiance.

The Trail Of Tears refers to the suffering that this peaceful tribe experienced as it was forced to make its way west.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

Please Help! History Question [ 2 Answers ]

Which of the following gave Elanor of Aquitaine her greatest influence? A) her participation in the Second Crusade B) her marriage to King Louis VII of France C) her acquisition of land D) her son being Richard I of England Thanks Shi

History question [ 4 Answers ]

What is the only communist country in the western hemisphere?

History - WW2 [ 2 Answers ]

when did the americans join in the war

View more questions Search