Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 20, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Converting PAL to NTSC (avi files)
    I have this super camcorder that is PAL. My PC is configured to edit NTSC files and burn them to CD/DVD. So,, all those cute films I took of my daughter's pregnancy, her ultrasounds, and my grandson are blank with sound only when I copy them to the PC.

I have NERO 7 and it is normally a wonderful application, but in this case it does not do anything for me.

I tried Blaize PRo to 'convert' but to no avail.

Is there a simple and free way to accomplish this. I would like to burn these projects for my daughter before I get too sick to do anything.

This is part of my TO DO list in preparation to leaving this planet, so any help will be appreciated.
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 16, 2008, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    I have this super camcorder that is PAL. My pc is configured to edit NTSC files and burn them to CD/DVD. So,,, all those cute films I took of my daughter's pregnancy, her ultrasounds, and my grandson are blank with sound only when I copy them to the PC.

I have NERO 7 and it is normally a wonderful application, but in this case it does not do anything for me.

I tried Blaize PRo to 'convert' but to no avail.

Is there a simple and free way to accomplish this. I would like to burn these projects for my daughter before I get too sick to do anything.

This is part of my TO DO list in preparation to leaving this planet, so any help will be appreciated.
    Nero Vision can do what you are asking (and you already have it). I didn't take the time to fully read this "how to" article but either read your Nero help manual or see here:
    How to convert PAL DVD's to NTSC and vice versa | Articles - Digital Digest
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 16, 2008, 11:46 PM
    Thank you for your response dear and I appreciate it. And if I had all the time in the world I would continue to tackle this as I usually do, but I have been forced by my body to think of other priorities now and still have a few more films to take while I can be with my family - they will always have them for memory keepsakes.

When my cancer finally takes me away, my daughter will get all my 'material things' and she can decide what she wants to do with them for the future. As long as I can still watch them with my camera while I'm still here, I won't worry about the tedious stuff that I don't have the time for - as long as they exist and I get joy from them now is what counts for me.

Love,
    Cher

Feb 17, 2008, 03:40 AM
    Thank you for your response dear and I appreciate it. And if I had all the time in the world I would continue to tackle this as I usually do, but I have been forced by my body to think of other priorities now and still have a few more films to take while I can be with my family - they will always have them for memory keepsakes.

When my cancer finally takes me away, my daughter will get all my 'material things' and she can decide what she wants to do with them for the future. As long as I can still watch them with my camera while I'm still here, I won't worry about the tedious stuff that I don't have the time for - as long as they exist and I get joy from them now is what counts for me.

Love,
    Cher
    Hello Cher,

You certainly have the gift of expression and your postings remind me of someone I once knew. Unfortunately, I never met another one like her so please keep posting to stimulate my wonderful memories. You are one in a million!

Thank you,

Dave
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 17, 2008, 04:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xphelper
    Hello Cher,

You certainly have the gift of expression and your postings remind me of someone I once knew. Unfortunately, I never met another one like her so please keep posting to stimulate my wonderful memories. You are one in a million!

Thank you,

Dave
    Thank you right back Dave. I too have fond memories of two Davids in my life, both of them wonderful men who treated me with love and respect. Are you by any chance red-headed?

Feb 17, 2008, 04:31 AM
    Thank you right back Dave. I too have fond memories of two Davids in my life, both of them wonderful men who treated me with love and respect. Are you by any chance red-headed?

Why yes... my head is slightly red... but how... how did you know that without knowing that I have a blood pressure problem? Oh... maybe you are talking about my hair color? Hmm... lets see; it started blonde when I was a baby, then it migrated to black at 21, then it ended up a dark brown at 40, and finally ended up all grey at about 52. The grey is the bad news but the good news is that I still have a full head of hair. :)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 17, 2008, 07:28 AM
    Mainly talking about hair color, but that's OK. I have always since my twenties also considered grey as very distinguished. My step-dad (wonderful person) had white hair since age 18 and I always liked red-headed Davids due to previous explained post.

Just make sure you watch your diet and if high BP keep away from too many tomatoes and potatoes and bananas - I know it's hard if you like them, but we have to make our choices.

What I do now is relax as much as possible in an easy chair listening to music of all kinds depending on my moods and that helps the BP.. so try it, can't hurt. Or, while working on PCs listen to music with headphones - that always helped me at work between reports and customers in the hospital, and then later my own patients after graduating to psychology, but shortly after that my health deteriorated so now I'm on sick-leave until proclaimed medicaly retired - if I don't die first. Beurocracy is slower than cancer these days... Hey,, that sounds like a cool slogan..

TaTa For Now, listening to Jon Secada right now..
    Cher

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting powerpoint slides into avi [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Sir, Please help me how I can make an *.avi file while using the power point xp slides... whould you like to help me... In this matter... Thanks Sir I have another question whould you like to help me... The question is How I can seprate the only music without vocals. I want...

Pal to ntsc [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to convert a pal dvd(non copyright) to the American system

Unable to play avi files [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am posting for a friend From what she told she's experiencing a problem with avi files. She can't get them to play neither in Ares nor in Windows Media player. So I told that it might not be a problem of the two programs listed above but a problem in the settings. Please help me to help...

Avi files but G spot sats not valid avi [ 2 Answers ]

Hi that's pretty much it ? In G spot is says invalid and will not render But it is an AVI file ? Any ideas Appreciated

View more questions Search