Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danar Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2007, 03:11 AM
    3ph motor
    I have 15hp 3phase motor rated 460/230V how can I run my motor if my supply voltage is 380v 3phase...
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2007, 05:19 AM
    There are Buck-Boost transformers, connected as auto-transformers, for this purpose. You can either buck the 380 down to 230, or boost the 380 up to the 460, preference on the latter. The transformers need to be rated to handle the starting Kva of the motor.
    danar Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Nov 5, 2007, 04:29 AM
    I don't have buck-boost transformer. How about connecting my motor in parallel wye from the motor terminal? Is it possible?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC Motor [ 3 Answers ]

Can I Run 5 HP 1440 RPM AC Induction Motor at 0.5Hz. By VFD if I get desired torque and if my current is within limit?

Ok now the motor went out again! [ 1 Answers ]

OK I put the capasitor in. and now it starts on its own. Were is before I had to give it a push but, it runs for a couple hours and goes out. I ran down this last time and the motor was cool as a cucumber. Now what? Thanks... is a 15 year old carrier.

3ph motor [ 5 Answers ]

I'm having only a single phase supply. How can I run my 3phase motor without using A phase converter?

GE motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE motor that I believe is from an old washer. It has 5 wires. Black to white is 0 ohms, red to white or red to black is 3.9 ohms, yellow to blue is 2.0 ohms. There appears to be "no" centrifugal switch, so I don't think it's a capacitor start but with all the wires I think it might be a...

AC Motor [ 1 Answers ]

How Do You Rewire a AC Motor that is used on Conveyors?

View more questions Search