Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moxon98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Memory card
    Hi I put my micro sd memory card into my computer and when I try and copy stuff to it it cums up say it is write protected and how do I get that off
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Oct 20, 2007, 12:43 AM
    Hello Moxon98,

On your memory card you should find a little slide-able tag.

This tag works in the same way as the old 'floppy disk' (remember those cute little things? (LoL)).

If when you try to copy data to the mem card it says its write protected, you need to slide the tag in the opposite direction. This will close the tag and un-write protect it. Once this is done you should be able to write date or copy pictures etc to it.

This tag is there to allow you to stop overwriting anything you wish to permanently keep on the card.

Pre-recorded cassette tapes have a similar protection but to enable them to be copied over you need to close the hole using a piece of sellotape.

I hope this solves your problem.

Poseidon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corrupted Ps2 memory card [ 8 Answers ]

Hi does anyone know how to format a ps2 memory card. I need to erase everything from my card. The problem is that it has a 3.5 mg of corrupted data which I can't delete. That's almost half the memory space. The corrupted data is from action replay. I sent them an email but they did not...

How to start a calling card / phone card business? [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to start a calling card / phone card business with little capital. If anybody knows how to do this please advise me. Any advice welcome.

Referenced Memory Error - Memory cannot be read. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Windows 2003 Server with 2GB Ram. I get an error saying Application error- Explorer.exe giving referenced memory error at 0x00e113f0 - the memory caanot be read. I have removed the memory and swapped with other server's memory but still get the same problem. Could it be a virus?...

Olympus memory card compatibility. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I have an olympus c-350 digicam with just a 128mb mem card. I want to upgrade to a 1Mb card. All the ones I look at on eBay don't mention this model in the compatibility lists. I assume this is because the camera is fairly old. Could any of you guys tell me if this makes any difference? ...

How do I delete files from my PS2 memory card? [ 4 Answers ]

I have files there from rented games and I want to free up some space. TIA.

View more questions Search