Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lillizzie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2005, 05:55 PM
    Permission forms?
    Hi.

I've been having a bit of concern on the book I'm putting together.

It's a book that people contribute their poetry, life experiences and such to. It just came to my attention that I'm going to need a permission form or something along those lines for these people who are contributing their work to me. I don't want to have run-ins with law suits and what not.

I'm not sure how to get a permission form. Do I have to go to a publisher to get one or someone like that? Basically I'm asking how do I go about doing something like this.

I'd appreciate any information given to me.

Thank you so much. :D

Elizabeth
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2005, 04:28 AM
    I think you should feel fully confident in a simple statement:

"I understand that the attached is to be included in [Name of your book], by [your name]."

If you may or may not include their whole writing, then you should add something to that effect.

The agreement should be signed by both parties in the presence of a notary.

For further language that might be helpful, look in your local newspaper for their submission guidelines for the Editorial section. There you'll probably find language that also addresses the ownership issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two w2 forms? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I changed status from F1 to H1b (h1b started oct 2005) and I know now that I can file 1040NREZ and 8843. I received a W2 from my university for one pay check that I got in January 2005 and I have a w2 from my current employer as well for the paychecks during rest of 2005. How do I...

Tax forms [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Atlanta Tax expert, I am a F1 student on OPT (expires Jan 07), I am going to join a company by next month, which has already filed for my H1. I am right now working short term for a company which is going to pay me till the time I join the new company I mentioned before. They are going to...

Forms [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a student with an F1 visa in Mass. And was wondering which forms I need to fill. I work as a teaching fellow in my university.

H1B - 2 W2 forms. [ 3 Answers ]

I changed my job in October 2005 and received W2 from both, my new as well as old employer. I have been in US for more than 2 years now and as per the definition of "Resident" based on "Presence Test" I qualify to be a resident of USA. My question is, filing my tax return will be as simple as going...

No W2 forms [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can file a state tax return without w2 forms I sent a 4506 form to IRS requesting copies. They sent my check back and said this info was unavailable due to 7 years had past and they no longer have these records. I lost all personal papers in a tornado. I can't remember all...

View more questions Search