Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joe2oo7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Installed new motherborad but still no bootup?
    Right, my last motherborad blew up god knows why or nowt I don't know much about pc#s, but I got an

AMD Sempron, put this one this afternoon everything is correct wired up and everything else, but still nothink? I were thinking lack of power? but maybe sumone could help me out?!

Thanks

Joe.
    venturello Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Check the pwer supply... check the cables... make sure the processor is installed correctly.
    l99057j Posts: 57, Reputation: 18

Nov 12, 2007, 04:55 PM
    You said your motherboard blew, but you only mentioned a AMD Sempron which is a CPU not a motherboard. So, did you replace motherboard and CPU or CPU only? Are you positive your power supply didn't get fried as well?

If you have another computer in the house with a compatible power supply, I would recommend putting it close to this one and plugging the motherboard into that power supply (no other peripherals, just the MB) and see if you get any signs of life. If so, the problem was really your power supply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell Laptop during bootup asking for a password [ 3 Answers ]

Ok Computer GURU's, I have a Dell Inspiron and I haven't used it for about a year. So I tried to hook everything up and started it up. I started it up and received a message to give an ADMINISTRATIVE password. I don't remember it nor do I remember having a password on it. Can anyone Help me...

Bootup nuisance message [ 3 Answers ]

1.Installed a new (bigger) hard drive on my XP home computer as the secondary HD. 2. Cloned it from the original C drive. 3. Removed the original drive. 4. re-connected the new drive as primary. Most every thing works OK EXCEPT that on bootup, a command 'window' shows, "Please select the...

Windows xp pro very slow bootup [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I have this weird problem with bootup in winxp pro. When I start windows it takes about 5-6 minutes to boot(white line at bottom of screen). Then it boots to windows after have way across? I did repair install because they want to keep there files(not my pc), also changed vid drivers.I still...

Blank monitor screen at bootup [ 8 Answers ]

So after reformatting my PC, I decided to flash the BIOS... I did it, all worked well and okay... but after a week or so of trying to pinpoint WHY the monitor remains blank at startup, I went to the motherboard's manual, and discovered that the default video output is PCI... I do not have a pci...

PC System Crashes on bootup [ 8 Answers ]

I just put togther a midtower PC (AMD 750, ASUS Motherboard, 160GB Western Digital HDD, OS Windows XP Pro w/ SP2 installed) and it will only bootup and run in regular mode with just one stick of 128 SDRAM-CENTON PC133 installed in either the #1 or 2, or 3 slot. If I add one of two more sticks of...

View more questions Search