Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SLB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 05:38 AM
    If I have two traffic warrants (unpaid tickets) issued in Houston, Texas.

I have two traffic warrants that were issued to me in Houston, Texas for unpaid tickets but I now live in California.
    I am supposed to be flying back to Texas on the 30th of this month to visit family and I know that when I am boarding I am supposed to swipe my license.
    Can I still fly back home without being arrested once I get into Texas if I was told my license was dubbed as "SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY UNTIL TICKET AMOUNTS ARE PAID"?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 19, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SLB
    I have two traffic warrants that were issued to me in Houston, Texas for unpaid tickets but I now live in California.
    I am supposed to be flying back to Texas on the 30th of this month to visit family and I know that when I am boarding I am supposed to swipe my license.
    Can I still fly back home without being arrested once I get into Texas if I was told my license was dubbed as "SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY UNTIL TICKET AMOUNTS ARE PAID"?
    Why not pay the fines and clear your name?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 19, 2007, 06:34 AM
    What do you mean by "swipe your license"? All you do at the airport is show your license (or other government issued ID, such as a passport) at security. I don't see how TX would know that you're coming?

Secondly, if you're now living in CA, you should apply for a CA license. Or are you planning to drive with a suspended out-of-state license for the rest of your life?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 19, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Most states have reciprocity. (Read Homeland Security linking databases)
    I have lived in Florida since '95. But while living in New Hampshire, I got a ticket (and subsequently forgot about it) in New York. Because I forgot about the NY ticket they suspended my privileges in that state... and so did NH.
    Twelve years later, I misplaced my FL license and went in to get a duplicate. NO CAN DO! That is when I found out about the forgotten ticket. I had to restore my NY privileges first, then NH, then I could obtain my duplicate here!
    (Don't ask me how long it took or how much it cost!! )
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Hello SLB:

I don't know what Homeland Security knows about you when you get to the airport. You don't either. Nobody does, because it's secret. Plus, I have no idea how they conduct business. I'll bet they're pretty sloppy. They are cops, after all. I'll bet they're not very good even with the jillions we spend...

But, since the Patriot Act, we know that our privacy can and has been breached by your friends at the government. So, they CAN know everything about you, including the color of your underwear.

If they CAN know those things, why would you think they wouldn't?

The question is, of course, do they care about your silly warrant? Well, if they're having a slow day, who knows?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are warrants issued listed online? [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know if a warrant is being issued for me in franklin co. cols,Ohio? How do I find out about this?:confused:

Confusion over nyc issued 1099 Misc form, NJ issued W2, and state taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am a canadian citizen and a non resident alien, graduate student in NJ. I reside in NJ and worked as an independent contractor in NYC over last summer. Since I worked on campus for a few months lst year, I was issued a W2 form for $732 in the state of NJ. I also worked as an...

Speeding Ticket in Houston [ 2 Answers ]

I got a speeding ticket in Houston and would like to fight it. Please advice some useful website or advice. Thanks.

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

View more questions Search