Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sajith chandran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 11:42 PM
    Mcrosoft outlook and outlook express
    I am not able to understand the concept of MS outlook and outlook express.I want to know the difference.And how to use outlook as I am a beginner.
    MarkRealEstateConsultant Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 19, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Outlook is a fairly full suite of mail, calendar, task scheduling, and contact information. Outlook express is essentially just the mail portion of the package.

For person use Outlook Express works just fine. In a business environment the extra features of Outlook are helpful
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 19, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Outlook is a part of the Microsoft Office suite and provides information management features (Contact mgmt, Calendaring, todo lists, etc.). Its also designed to work with the Microsoft Exchange mail server to provide a corporate groupware platform.

Outlook Express is a free e-mail client that is bundeled in with Internet Explorer.
    silentrascal Posts: 194, Reputation: -2
    -

Oct 19, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sajith chandran
    I am not able to understand the concept of MS outlook and outlook express.I want to know the difference.And how to use outlook as i am a beginner.
    Outlook is the full-blown, bells-n-whistles-included email program from Microsoft. Outlook Express is merely a stripped down, completely basic version that doesn't have as many features or benefits that Outlook itself has.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express to Outlook conversion gave messages wrong "Date Received." [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, All! I used Outlook's Import capbility to import everything from Outlook Express: mail settings, folders, their messages, etc. The import process reported successful import of my huge sets of folders, subfolders and their 11,000+ messages... however: The Good: Some messages were...

Outlook express [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 PC's (one at home and one at office). I would like though have the same email messages to go to both of them. When open them at the office I don't see the at home and visa versa.

Outlook express [ 1 Answers ]

How do I retrieval Compact email

Outlook Express [ 1 Answers ]

When I receive mail on Outlook Express wit a link on it I click the link and it blinks as thought it is going to take me to that page but that is all that happens. Can someone give me instructions on how to setup to cause the computer to automatically go to the page indicated by the link. Thanks...

Outlook Express 6.0 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I just downloaded Outlook express 6.0--When I try to sign in, it asked for my password which I must have had in Outlook Express 5--but I can't remember it--How do I find out what my pasword is--can't find anything on OE about doing this--Thank u very much

View more questions Search