Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Newbiemouseandpoint Posts: 13, Reputation: 2
    -

Oct 29, 2005, 07:32 AM
    Do You Think Education Level Is Closely Tied To Local Economies
    http://www.azstarnet.com/public/pack...techfuture.htm

EXCERPT:

Gonzales said it is worrisome that the Legislature would consider reducing funding for education from the university level to K-12 schools, child care programs and preschools.

``The mentality of many of our legislators is to consider education a line item instead of an asset,'' he said. ``If their viewpoint is that education is government - therefore the less you spend on government the better off you are - the state loses out.''

Education level is closely tied to local economies, Gonzales said, because it determines the community's ability to attract high-tech, high-paying jobs.

Tucson recently lost a high-tech call center offering 1,000 $16-an-hour jobs, for example, because the skill level to support the center wasn't readily available in the labor pool, Gonzales said.

New Mexico, which won the deal, did so by offering $3 million more in job training funds.

Meanwhile, the Legislature is considering cutting back state job training dollars from $5 million a year to $3 million a year.

In comparison, Texas spends $108 million a year on job training, and California spends $130 million.

Adjust for population, Gonzales said, and Arizona should be spending $25 million a year to be competitive.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 29, 2005, 08:52 AM
    What's your opinion on this? If you have the weekend to come up with something for school, pass it by us and we will help, but I think you need to state how you feel about it first and not just some excerpts and no opinion of your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding W2 and state/local tax.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, When filing the state tax form, do we need to add both state tax (W2 - Box 17) and local tax (W2 - Box 19) for reporting the total tax withheld by the state OR the amount in Box 17 suffices? My status for 2005 was F1/OPT. Any help is appreciated! Thanks..

Tied my retained earnings to last audit [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know who to tied my retained earnings to the last year audit I have previous audit.

Tubes tied [ 2 Answers ]

I got my tubes tied after my last baby and is there anything I can do to try to have another baby? What about intrauterine insemination or invitro?

Tubes tied [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know how many people got there tubes tied then wanted a baby, Well I am one I don't know what to do my insurance won't pay for them to be untied. My husband and I would love to have another baby but don't know what to do since the insurance won't pay for it. Can anybody help

View more questions Search