Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Van Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2005, 06:44 AM
    92 Honda Civic - black smoke for a few minutes after starting on a cold day
    I have a Honda Civic 92 with twin cabi. In the past few months, every morning the engine starts normally for a few minutes, then the black smoke comes out of the exhaust, at the same time the idle is dropping and the engine is shacking. These symptoms appeared at the same time. If I rip up the engine for a few minutes the black will disappear. The black smoke seems to hang around a lot longer on the cool day. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Van
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 29, 2005, 09:22 AM
    I'm no honda expert, but did make my first VW bug run after re-doing my whole engine about 30 years ago, all laughed because I used nail polish and am a female, but I got her running. It sounds like a condensation and/or gasget problem. May I suggest you take her in... There are other Honda experts here and will sign on soon, or you might have to wait till Monday. Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 Honda civic ex starting problem in cold, wet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 93 Honda Civic EX (2 door) that has a strange problem. When the weather is good - dry and warm, it starts and runs without any problem. But it won't start when it is wet or cold. I can not start the car in the morning and have to wait until the afternoon. I have changed the spark plug...

'91 honda civic starting problems [ 18 Answers ]

Hi: I am having problems with my '91 Honda civic DX when I drive for a while, then I stop the engine for 5-10 minutes to do some shopping or whatever... and then try to start again. It doesn't start at all. But if I wait another 5 or 10 minutes and I try again, usually starts. I don't have any...

91 Honda Civic DX Starting Problems [ 2 Answers ]

My honda civic dx has a hard time starting sometimes. This only happens occasionally but it'll turn over, but just won't ever start. It happened first about a month ago and is happening once a day now. I replaced the spark plugs and I don't know what else to do.

Honda-civic-96 trouble starting [ 3 Answers ]

My wife's 96 honda civic with over 100,000 miles would turn over some sluggishly when I tried to crank so I replaced battery and then car would turn over a lot but not crank for several tries and finally it cranked. I drove it down the road and up hills with no problems and pulled in drive way and...

92 honda civic not starting [ 1 Answers ]

The car turns over fine but has no spark or fuel. I have checked the fuel pump, the FI relay, ICM, and replaced the ignition switch. I have looked for broken ground wires in the harness and found none. The car has not been modified (no after market stereo). Bought from original owner. The car...

View more questions Search