Hi any other ideas out there

Please

Xxx
    Pam
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 29, 2005, 08:32 AM
    Hi Pam,

If you don't hear a beep, then take it back to the dealer. It might just be a little something wrong, or you might even get it replaced. Did you read the manual yet? When you turn it on, try pressing the F4 or F8 and see if it does anything there. If you bought it from a private person, shove it down their throat (ha ha). If you bought it through internet or mail, then check the manual - it should have a company hotline telephone number on it. By the way, you should always provide more information, cause there are millions of laptops out there... i.e. type model, operating system, do you have CDs, etc. You can also go to their site and go to support/help under 'contact' there and also see if it has a guarantee. But at least when asking someone on a forum, give a little more info. I take it you are using another computer right now, so have all the model/make/serial numbers for your laptop ready when you visit the site of the laptop.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Pamela Sweet Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2005, 08:48 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks Cherry

Xxx
    Pam

Oct 29, 2005, 09:04 AM
    type of laptop
    Hi

Pamela here

Here is the laptop description

Overview of the FUJITSU SIEMENS Amilo A Processor Type AMD Sempron 3000+
    Processor Speed 1.8GHz CPU
    RAM 512MB
    Hard Drive 40GB
    Display 15 inch TFT display
    Screen Resolution 1024 x 768
    Optical Drive Double Layer DVD±RW
    Operating System MS WinXP Home
    Wireless LAN Built in Wireless LAN 802.11g 54Mbps

please help me

XXX
    Pam
    Weight Kg 2.80

Oct 29, 2005, 09:31 AM
    Help me
    Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee

Help mee

Xxx
    Pam
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 29, 2005, 01:10 PM
    Pam, calm down.. A laptop has a battery and that battery needs to be charged enough to work and power up the whole notebook. When you got it, by the way, you did not say where or how, is it new, etc. But when you got it, and are using it without the plug, the battery needs to charge first, and there might be something wrong with this also. There are enough possibilities, therefore, stop sending shorties for help and go and get it by taking it to where you got it and telling them what's up. There is only so much that can be done on forums, like give suggestions and ask questions, but as far as the walking and carrying, this is something you must do yourself. Is it plugged in and did you try the F4 or F8 buttons - and what happened then - this is what I wanted to know, not another plea for help - I already know you need it, so calm down and explain what you did so far and what reaction you got out of it. Still, my best bet is that you should take it back and get it replaced or repaired. If they are closed right now, settle back, read the manual, maybe you missed some little thing, and then get back with us. Nobody is born with instant knowledge and you can't buy it in a drink either, but don't panic on us!
    Computers are a pain and joy all wrapped up in one, and you just have to have the temper/constitution to deal with it. So please relax and take it to someone who might know a little more than you've picked up. Stay cool, and keep us posted.

ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 29, 2005, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Sweet
    Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee
    Help mee
    xxx
    Pam
    Pam,
    As Chery said, you first need to calm down. Second, you need to understand that this site (as most Q&A sites) is staffed by volunteers. We donate our time and expertise to help out. Generally we log on in our spare time, so you should not expect immediate responses. You might get a response within a few minutes or a few hours, sometimes, depending on the complexity of the question, it may be a few days.

Also, Chery is giving you good advice about the battery. You said you "just got" it. Is this the first time you are trying to use it? Are you trying to run it off battery or AC adapter? If you are trying to run it off the battery, don't. Charge the battery overnight but use the AC adapter initially. If you are using the adapter and it still isn't powering on, then take it back to the store (assuming you bought it retail) or call Siemens tech support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer [ 3 Answers ]

How to format my compuer

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

Computer [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my computer say "this program has performed an illeagle opperation and will be shut down." All I'm doing when this message pops up is looking from one sight to the next. How can I get this to stop popping up on me. :-/

Computer [ 1 Answers ]

I want information about latest version of windows xp.

View more questions Search