Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bheem_sahgal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Sony Camcorder
    I have a sony DCR-PC110 Camcorder.
    I take movies on the tape in the camcorder.
    How do I transfer the movie clips from the camcorder tape to my PC ?
    Thanks
    Bheem Sahgal
    camilo Posts: 14, Reputation: -2

Oct 18, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bheem_sahgal
    I have a sony DCR-PC110 Camcorder.
    I take movies on the tape in the camcorder.
    How do I transfer the movie clips from the camcorder tape to my PC ?
    Thanks
    Bheem Sahgal
    You can't!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 07:39 AM
    You'll need a capture card that either installs in your computer or is an external device that you can plud into. The whole point is to convert the analog signal to a digital signal. Something like this:
    Hauppauge Impact VCB PCI Video Capture Board 558 at TigerDirect.com
    Or
    Pinnacle Studio MovieBoard PCI Video Capture & Editing Studio 230100110 at TigerDirect.com
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 23, 2007, 08:07 AM
    There are a number of possibilities. One would be the video capture device that Need mentioned. You may also be able to hook the camcorder up to your PC via a USB cable. The Sony manual should give you details on doing this.

Oct 23, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    You'll need a capture card that either installs in your computer or is an external device that you can plud into. The whole point is to convert the analog signal to a digital signal. Something like this:
    Hauppauge Impact VCB PCI Video Capture Board 558 at TigerDirect.com
    or
    Pinnacle Studio MovieBoard PCI Video Capture & Editing Studio 230100110 at TigerDirect.com

I'm telling you that you can't transfer a movie into cpu with that video camera. The only thing you can do is purchase very expensive equiptment and then you can only tranfer still photos from the video you took. This people that are telling you that you can don't know what are they talking about. If they did they would tell you excatlly how to do it and the name of things you need to buy to do what you want. You can try and try and still telling you that you can't...
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 09:22 AM
    I don't know why you insist on pretenting you are correct with no research or experience whatsoever. Actually this camera can connect directly to a PC without the need for a card. Here is the info from Sony:
    Sony eSupport - DCR-PC110 - Model Home

Most often the cable is not included with the camera and will have to be purchased separately.

Oct 23, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by camilo
    I'm telling you that you can't transfer a movie into cpu with that video camera. The only thing you can do is purchase very expensive equiptment and then you can only tranfer still photos from the video you took. This people that are telling you that you can don't know what are they talking about. If they did they would tell you excatlly how to do it and the name of things you need to buy to do what you want. You can try and try and still telling you that you can't .....
    Every Digital camcorder I have seen has USB or Firewire capability to connect to a PC. So why you are insisting that that camera can't is beyond me.

Nov 30, 2007, 11:44 AM
    I talked to an expert in this field and he said there is an equiptment that you have to installed to your computer which cost around $3,000.00 and then buy a cable that attaches to your camera and to computer.
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Do you even bother to click on the links we provide?
    Do you even own a digital video camera?

Go here: Sony eSupport - DCR-PC110 - Tutorials & Emulators
    Click on the link "How to connect a digital video camera to a computer using an i.LINK® cable"

You can use Windows Movie Maker - it actually is a good piece of software for the casual user.

Please stop responding to computer technical support threads if you are not qualified. Those experts you talk to are us.

Nov 30, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Maybe you are talking about a different model. But camcorders generally cost in the $500-$700 range. How would it make any sense to require $3000 worht of equipment to hook it up to a PC?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capturing video from digital sony camcorder [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I recelently received this sony handycam dcr-hc26 digital mini cassette camcorder. Well you can transfer your video to the computer through a USB cable, I have installed the software that was included and my USB streaming works with the video playing on the computer live with picture and...

Connecting sony camcorder to a computer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sony dcr-hc45 camcorder which is the same as the dcr-hc37. My problem is connecting my camcorder to my computer. I have a computer with windows xp but I do not have a firewire connection only usb. Please what cable do I need to connect the two together?

Firewire problem with Sony Camcorder [ 7 Answers ]

I am wondering what the secret is to hooking up a Sony TRV330 digital Camcorder through the Firewire connection. Apparently there is a sequence that must be followed or you can blow out something in the Camcorder. I don't do this very often, so once again, I guess I killed it (the camcorder). ...

Why is the name of sony company is SONY? [ 2 Answers ]

Why is the name of sony company is SONY? Thanks

Why is the name of sony company is SONY? [ 1 Answers ]

Why is the name of sony company is SONY?

View more questions Search