Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jrosas99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 03:48 PM
    What is legal in a search warrant
    My brother in law is in a state prison in California I visit him once a month. His family isn't allowed to visit due to visitation rights, they have traffic fines etc or unpaid citations. I guess they record everything over the phone and apparently my hubby and his brother were talking on the phone and they were talking about girls so some of the words used were white girl, and food menudo etc. apparently these are words that alerts officers and from that they get a search warrant. This is what I was told during the investigation, know I am the only one that can visit since I am the only one qualified to visit. Last month I visited and I was handcuffed and taken into an investigating room two of my older boys were searched while they investigated and they also searched my car and belongings. They thought I was trafficking drugs inside there jail, they didn't find anything I had nothing I don't do that I was upset because I knew they were wrong but I also knew that I had to go through the whole process in order for them to find out they had mistaken. It took them four hours my husband drops me off but since he can't visit he leaves but he was in the parking lot and they took him also. They didn't even talk to me at all but show me my search warrant papers and asked if I was trafficking drugs and I said NO> they were actually talking to my husband the whole time after all that they came into the room I was in and let me go they didn't say anything just that I wasn't able to visit that day. They didn't say I couldn't visit anymore just that day. I just want to know if that is legal to do because of words said on the phone and this wasn't me at all it was between him and his brother but the search warrant was for me in my name but they didn't even talk to me they talked to my husband, can anyone explain

Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Hello J:

There's no telling what they were looking for or why they did it. I don't know of the search was legal, but they didn't find anything so it really doesn't matter.

They do treat visitors shabbily, don't they?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue Warrant [ 7 Answers ]

Does a persons probation or blue warrant ever expire? What happens if a person never had prior knowledge of having a blue warrant issued, even when released from a fed prison and checked for any other detainers nothing came up and he was cleared to be released. Two years later he was arrested...

Recovery Warrant, Civil Warrant or Detainer Warrant? [ 4 Answers ]

I closed on the purchase of a house on April 27th. The seller notified a roommate (who was "not" a tenant) to move on April 4th. He moved his furniture on April 12 but left 4 broken down vehicles, and 2 garages wall-to-wall with things. He is dragging his feet on moving because he's angry at the...

Warrant [ 7 Answers ]

A nephew has a warrant out for his arrest. He did not show up in court. His dad posted a $5,000 surety bond. I guess my question is : How long of a wait is there, do they look for you or wait for you to mess up again. What happens to the dad and the bond?

Search warrant [ 3 Answers ]

Someone drove by and saw a door open at my house, called the police and the police came and entered the house with no search warrant... are they allowed to enter with no search warrant without probable cause?

View more questions Search