Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Feb 22, 2008, 08:44 AM
    Happy Friday everyone!! OK my sister is coming back next Wednesday and going back to her husband. She didn't do anything different in Wyoming than she did here. I would not have bought the plane ticket to come back.. I wish my dad would have made her get the money herself. Maybe then she might have found a job or something!! I can't believe she is going back to him. It really is a shame..
    START, I love you and I am taking your advice, financially or otherwise I will not enable her AT ALL.. She cannot live with me UNLESS she makes major changes FIRST.
    METERRE, YOU can send me a message!! I am sorry I never delete my old ones from you, I still read them from time to time. I miss you and I am glad you are still around and haven't given up on me!! I love you too.
    I can't give in to her anymore and I HATE that she is going to live with him. Her choice not mine but it does scare me to death.
    Jennifer Purdy Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Feb 22, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Hello,
    This may be a difficult question, one that you may or may not know the answer to, one that your sister may or may not know the answer to. But did anything happen to her back in high school? It sounds like things suddenly changed for her in high school; perhaps nothing happened, but... maybe something happened that has triggered these years of unhappiness?
    Hope this helps...
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 23, 2008, 03:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shatteredsoul
    Happy Friday everyone!!!!! OK my sister is coming back next Wednesday and going back to her husband. She didn't do anything different in Wyoming than she did here. I would not have bought the plane ticket to come back.. I wish my dad would have made her get the money herself. Maybe then she might have found a job or something!!!!!!!! I can't believe she is going back to him. It really is a shame..
    START, I love you and I am taking your advice, financially or otherwise I will not enable her AT ALL.. She cannot live with me UNLESS she makes major changes FIRST.
    METERRE, YOU can send me a message!!!!!! I am sorry I never delete my old ones from you, I still read them from time to time. I miss you and I am glad you are still around and haven't given up on me!!! I love you too.
    I can't give in to her anymore and I HATE that she is going to live with him. Her choice not mine but it does scare me to death.
    Honey, I know how hard it is for you. Setting ultimatums for loved ones is not easy but someimes very necessary to get them to finally get up and do something for themselves. Otherwise you will feel guilty as an enabler. You know that my wishes and virtual hugs are with you in this, and that any time you need that extra push, just let us know.

Love,
    Chery
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Feb 23, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Ok that's good to hear... I'll drop you a line and send it. Now it is sad your sister keeps doing the same thing... but you must let it go. I know, we all know it frustrates you... your love is kind. You wish you could fix her life so she wouldn't be in that hole she is now... but only God is the one that can do it. So you just leave that up to him, and he'll do what he has to do.
    I wish you the best Shatteredsoul.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 04:52 PM
    I, also, wish you all the best in the coming months in dealing with this situation.

Your efforts in dealing with your sister is a long road, hopefully leading to an amicable ending for all involved.

BOUNDARIES,boundaries,boundaries... set them, practice them, live by them.

My friends and family all have them in dealing with many different facets of my changing moods(etc etc etc... lol) and for the most part they work.OLD HABITS being the hardest to break,old behaviors the last to be replaced with healthy ones.

Remember, you are in control, I believe you can do this,do you?

TTYL,

Ken
    aryanembar Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Join her in Yoga and Meditation
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Feb 25, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Do I think I can do this..? HMMM Ken, some days I feel absolutely certain about everything and other days completely confused and disillusioned.. I just have to take each day as it comes. If I think too much I get overwhelmed, sad and confused. I think there are lots of old habits to break and not just mine.. also not responding the same way every time. I may not ever be able to help her and that is the plain truth. I won't ever give up I will just change how I try.
    Joining her in Yoga and meditation is a really REALLY Good idea.. the problem.. getting her there. She ran the car my mom gave her into the ground.. that is her excuse for not working either. She lives about 40 minutes from here so it makes it difficult picking her up. I happen to think it would be helpful for both of us, just not sure how to make it happen.. THANK YOU BOTH.. and all of you for responding..

METERRE, START AND CHERY Thanks for all your kind words.. this battle is beyond my ability to fight. Staying in to be supportive but I realize I have to change the playing rules..
    She comes home tomorrow. I am afraid it will be more of the same with her. I want to stop being afraid and stop feeling bad, about anything..
    I love every darn one of you.
    Ken, Look how far you have come.. I hope one day that my sister will be more self sufficient and stable so she can help others as you have.
    indianfox Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 29, 2008, 08:23 PM
    shatteredsoul
    I read your very first post which is posted in Oct. 2007 and few replies to it. But unfortunately I don't have time to read all the posts from Oct. 2007 to the end of Feb. 2008. I therefore request you to brief me about the things happened and changes took place during last 4 months. I think I can give you a direction to solve the problem.
    I am truly concerned with this issue and would like to advise.
    Regards

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Going out of my mind! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I need some help finding the name of a song I just don't know. I heard it awhile ago, it had something to do with "if you had to walk in their shoes", some one was a prostitute or a drug addict. I am not sure who sings this song or what the title is but I am sure it was a make singer. It had a...

My first love x 20 years ago- broke my heart - tortured dreams - called me 1 week ago [ 18 Answers ]

Ok, really confused here and I am not sure why it even effects me still so badly (annoyed with that fact actually) To understand I have to tell a little story: 1. I was a kid in high school, from a small town with a crappy childhood and I fell hard for a guy that absolutely broke my heart...

Sister's husband's brother [ 4 Answers ]

My sister is getting married to my friend's brother. I was curious if me and my good friend will have a relationship title. So what is my sister's husband's brother to me?

Are my parents liable for sister's boyfriends car accident [ 2 Answers ]

My sister is 23, in college, and still on my parent's car insurance plan. She was letting her boyfriend drive her car and they totaled it. One of the passengers in the car was not wearing his seatbelt, was thrown from the car, and is injured very badly. There is no law in Iowa that says he had...

My little sister's friend has a HOT big bro [ 4 Answers ]

So a normal day it is, then I knowtest that my little sis invited a friend. When her friend rang the bell I went to go get it . Next thing you know me and her hot big bro were saying hi and making eye contact:) . I was so stupid cause I opened the door said hi and didn't even invite him in. but...

View more questions Search