Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Inspired Posts: 178, Reputation: 22

Oct 18, 2007, 11:55 AM
    The Power of now
    Has anyone read the book called "The Power of Now"? Its by Tholl and its an amazing book. Really eye opening about how humans are not really "enlightened" because we are all attached to our mind. If anyone has read this book and if it has changed something inside of you, I would like to hear it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Well I'm not much for self-help books but I do know that I rather enjoy being attached to my mind. Beats being "detached" as it were.

Oct 19, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Well this book teaches that to be attached to your mind is not to be in the present moment, since the mind is constantly thinking about either the past or the future. I don't like being attached to my mind.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2007, 11:26 AM
    It's good to think about the present and the future. The past can indeed cause problems for people, probably best solved by professional help if if becomes a liability. Otherwise it's wise to learn from past mistakes since that's how we grow.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2007, 11:43 AM
    That's the problem with clinical depression -- regret about the past and worry about the future, but not living in and enjoying Now.

"Each day is a gift. That's why it's called the Present."

Oct 22, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Wondergirl, you are right. I think we as humans focus too much on what is out of our control (Past and future) and not what is right in front of us (present). That book is really good, it talks about these issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

Difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) in context of data center? If yes, then what is it?. Thanks.

90's spinoff of Power Power Rangers? [ 3 Answers ]

Obvious spin=off of the power rangers, but it only had three characters and they went to a cave/labratory whenever they were called to fight the bad guys... I don't know if it was a summer knock-off of the power rangers, or it's own thing?? It was basically the power rangers, but less 'rangers' and...

Power Distribution Units & Remote Power Panel [ 1 Answers ]

What is the basic functionality of these equipment ? What is differnce between PDU & RPP.

Single phase power vs. Three Phase Power [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any real difference in efficiency and cost between a single phase air conditioning unit and a three phase unit? Thanks, JPGREEN

View more questions Search