Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ghca91344 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Rheem rooftop heater / AC
    I have a Rheem rooftop heater / ac that is 13 years +, the ac works really well during the hot summers,
    When fall hits and we start using the heater, the house heats up really well, but the problem is when the heat stops blowing the fan contiunes to run for 10, 15, 30 min to a hour.
    It varies.
    Is their a timing switch or something that can be ajusted, or what needs to be replaced.
    Attached Images

MarkRealEstateConsultant Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 18, 2007, 11:52 AM
    There may be a feature that permits the fan to run a bit after the heater element is turned off (so as to not waste the warm heater element). The Model number of the unit and a little internet research will confirm this. Copy and paste the following address into your web browser:

http://www.rheemac.com/products/Prod...ensing%20Units
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 02:56 PM
    That style of Rheem packaged unit uses a combination fan limit control switch. That style of switch is common to stick and was used on all brands of heating equipment. It's a part that can be picked up from any hvac supply store but you need to know the length of the fan/limit control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power Vent Rheem Hot Water Heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Rheem Power Vent hot water heater, model 21VP40-1. My problem is that it will not stay lit on the final start up stage. It operates OK, stays lit, if turned on manualy on the unit. I have replaced the gas valve. I am leaning toward the control module. Any advice?

Rheem water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have 50 Gallon Rheem gas water heater that has a igniter button. The water heater will not light when pushing the igniter button. The gas line is open. The tank is only 3 years old and was winterized before we moved in. Do anyone know how to light or bypass the igniter button to light this tank?...

Ruud rooftop air conditioner/heater/propane [ 1 Answers ]

Won't even turn on at all. Replaced thermostat. Mom says she didn't mess with it but has military time on it now.

Rheem roof top heater [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Rheem combination heating and cooling rooftop unit equipped with intermittent ignition and it's probably 10+ years old. The problem is that it won't light. I turn on the thermostat to call for heat. The vent motor turns on and then the ignition spark is energized, (I can see...

View more questions Search