Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Edward Dalton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Who knows about mortgages
    I have an adjustable rate that has gone up every year for the last 5 years it's now at 10.65%. I've tried FHA and they say my raito to income is to high 46%. My loan to value is 80%. Can anyone offer any help/
    MarkRealEstateConsultant Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 18, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Contact a local mortgage broker, if they are hard to find contact a local well known realtor, they can put you in touch with a mortgage broker. If you are in Florida, contact me.

There are many details that need to be looked at and you may be stuck with the loan for awhile.

The two keys things are to reduce your monthly debt (credit cards, car payments are 2 big ones) to get your income ratio down (38% is a good target).

Loan to value is a harder problem - when was the home last appraised and what was that amount? A higher appraisal means a lower loan to value ratio.

Talk to mortgage brokers about refinancing - they make money when they place loans so their interest is to give you the loan if possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finance Mortgages [ 1 Answers ]

If you take a 30 year $100,00 mortgage loand with an APR of 6 percent and monthly payments. In 12 years you decided to seel your home and pay off themortgage, whatis the principal balance on the loan?

Wrap around Mortgages [ 1 Answers ]

What are the details for a wrap around mortgage? How does this work?

Second mortgages [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter and son-in-law owe us money (about 8 grand in all) and are not good at paying it back. I do not want to do a lien on their house, I would like to keep the courts out of this. Can I do a second mortgage with me holding it, that way we will get our money someday and I don't have to keep...

Mortgages [ 3 Answers ]

Just bought a home in June and since moving I have lost my job, is there any help out there to help me with my mortgage payments?

Reverse Mortgages [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking into reverse mortgages and think I understand it very well, but I would like to hear from anyone who has had an experience with them either good or bad. Thank you.

View more questions Search