Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaywest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Sealing and cleaning brick pavers
    We are about to seal our 1 year old driveway.

What type of cleaner should be used?

We have some asphalt on a few of our bricks after they did the roadway. How can we remove this?

We also have the usual tire tracks, few grease stains, and a couple of tiny iron stains, any suggestions on this?

Should we resand?

One company said that they don't resand. They put something on the bricks that actually brings out more of the color. They put in on and then rinse it off. Then they seal it. He said this sealer will last 2 years w/o needing another coat in between.

Thank you
    dongayla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 07:55 AM
    I live in Florida and have a brick paver driveway. I used a sealer on the drive 2 years ago and a few weeks after the sealer was applied it started to show tire stains. It nopw is very dark stained and I ned to know how to clean off the tire stains.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning Fireplace Brick [ 5 Answers ]

I have a woodburning fireplace with bricks surrounding it. We are replacing the door with a new steel door that is smaller than the one currently installed. Consequently, we will be able to see the outline of the old door because of some soot. Is there any way to clean this naturally? Our...

Sealing driveway brick pavers [ 2 Answers ]

Any suggestions on how to seal driveay brick pavers and which sealer product worked well for you? Thanks, Dan

Cleaning outside red brick walkway [ 2 Answers ]

How does one clean outside red brick being used as a walkway. Mineral deposits from the water system have left white stains around the plant pots. Have tried calcium type home cleaners without much success. What will clean the brick back to a red only color and then what can one put onto the...

Cleaning brick patio/walkway [ 3 Answers ]

I have a large brick walkway that, during the winter, gets real slimy and slippery. Rather than have it steam cleaned every year, is there something, such as washing detergent or the like, that I could apply to the bricks and scrub them clean with a stiff broom? I live in Portland, Oregon, where...

View more questions Search