Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2005, 03:38 AM
    Maybe I was wrong. This guy could be an alien:
    http://www.slagerradio.hu/kepek/eloa...chael_yoda.jpg :p
    tjr Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2005, 06:48 AM
    I still find it hard to believe that there are people out there who don't believe in aliens. I don't know if aliens have visited earth or not but to believe that in the vastness of space that we are the only intelligent life is more than just conceited its ludicrest!!
    If you believe in god than why would he make all those stars that we know are out there but are still light years beyond what our best telescopes can see,also considering how badly his experiment with us is going don't you think he would have tried something else somewhere else?but if you don't believe in god than the #'s should convince you .if life on earth evolved than why couldn't it evolve on other planets ,which by the way in the sceme of the universe our planet is just a baby.and for those of you who say "WHY HAVEN'T WE HEARD FROM THEM?"space is so vast that an entire civilization could rise from slugs to space travel
    And become extinct and their signals could still be traveling to us but not reach us for another millinium!!
    So in closing please open your minds to not the possibility but to the fact that we are not alone
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2005, 07:31 AM
    I am fully confident that we are not the only forms of intellegent life in the universe, but am nearly as confident that none have visited our planet... at least in the time of recorded history.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 23, 2005, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tjr
    i STILL FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN ALIENS. I DON'T KNOW IF ALIENS HAVE VISITED EARTH OR NOT BUT TO BELIEVE THAT IN THE VASTNESS OF SPACE THAT WE ARE THE ONLY INTELLIGENT LIFE IS MORE THAN JUST CONCEITED ITS LUDICREST!!!
    IF YOU BELIEVE IN GOD THAN WHY WOULD HE MAKE ALL THOSE STARS THAT WE KNOW ARE OUT THERE BUT ARE STILL LIGHT YEARS BEYOND WHAT OUR BEST TELESCOPES CAN SEE,ALSO CONSIDERING HOW BADLY HIS EXPERIMENT WITH US IS GOING DON'T YOU THINK HE WOULD HAVE TRIED SOMETHING ELSE SOMWHERE ELSE?BUT IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD THAN THE #'S SHOULD CONVINCE YOU .IF LIFE ON EARTH EVOLVED THAN WHY COULDN'T IT EVOLVE ON OTHER PLANETS ,WHICH BY THE WAY IN THE SCEME OF THE UNIVERSE OUR PLANET IS JUST A BABY.AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO SAY "WHY HAVEN'T WE HEARD FROM THEM?"SPACE IS SO VAST THAT AN ENTIRE CIVILIZATION COULD RISE FROM SLUGS TO SPACE TRAVEL
    AND BECOME EXTINCT AND THIER SIGNALS COULD STILL BE TRAVELING TO US BUT NOT REACH US FOR ANOTHER MILLINIUM!!!
    SO IN CLOSING PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS TO NOT THE POSSIBILITY BUT TO THE FACT THAT WE ARE NOT ALONE
    You had me nodding my head in agreement until your last sentence. A fact is something that can be proven. Since no one has had any contact with extra-terrestrials, ergo, their existence cannot be fact.

Oh and its ludicrous not ludicrest.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 23, 2005, 04:13 PM
    As I said before, if a spaceship lands near me, I'll have my bags packed. But don't think intelligent beings would waste their time on this forsaken planet, really, not at the rate it's going now. It seems genius stopped with Leonardo da Vinci and Einstein, now there is just greed and anger and hatred.. but we call it progress?? :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search