Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brookeleigh Posts: 119, Reputation: 4

Oct 17, 2007, 11:25 PM
    Reactions to weight loss pill.
    :confused: I just started taking this weight loss pills. Im not really fat but I want to slim down a little bit and my body is acting really weird to them. For example.. my leg right now is like numb.. I don't understand? Also I get really nervous a lot. And my heart beats sooo fast. Also blood pressure is going too high maybe? IDK if this is normal... HELP! Please!! Any advice will be great.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 17, 2007, 11:37 PM
    That is not normal... go see a doctor.

Oct 17, 2007, 11:59 PM
    But it says to take one in the morning before breakfast..its not like Im taking more than needed??
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 12:28 AM
    Do you know the name of what you are taking?

If it is prescription, who gave it to you?
    Is it over the counter?

Diet pills are stimulants generally (definitely sound like what you have here) They will mess with your heart - as you are experiencing. Please stop taking them now before you end up with a heart attack, I am not joking.

What is your BMI? You say you're not overweight therefore you definitely shouldn't use these. The risk way outweigh the benefits.

Please take the time to read this
    Diet Pills Information About Weight Loss Pills

You are putting your life in danger.

Oct 18, 2007, 12:45 AM
    Im not sure what my BMI is.. im 5'4 and around 124 or so. And they were over the counter.
    Vision Expert

Oct 18, 2007, 12:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by brookeleigh
    Im not sure what my BMI is..im 5'4 and around 124 or so. and they were over the counter.
    You are not overweight... BMI is body mass index..

Here's a chart to use: Body Mass Index Chart

You have no reason whatsoever to be taking these pills. They will do you no good. Please stop taking them. All of these side effects are from simply taking the pill not abusing it. Imagine what would happen then.

You're beautiful. You don't need a diet pill. ;)

Oct 18, 2007, 02:10 AM
    I don't know what to do!-->meds
    well i have been taking a diet pill over the counter recently. my leg went numb today i dont know if it a effect of the pill or not?? when i stand up i feel dizy and lightheaded. i only take one pill a day. well anyway since my leg is numb and it hurts i really wanted to take some advil but not sure if that will be good for me because my heart is already beating a little faster than usual, PLEASE HELP! :(
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 02:12 AM
    EEEEERRRRRRR if you really are feeling like this then I suggest you take yourself either to see your dr or to hospital right now buying and taking any kind of diet pill is silly without your dr knowing so they can monitor you.

Oct 18, 2007, 02:12 AM
    thanks for the advice everyone though Im not sure what exactly to do..my leg is like numb right now and im in pain..idk if it is bad though to take advil considering my heart is already beating a little faster than normal?

Oct 18, 2007, 02:14 AM
    I can't it's like two in the morning here. Do you think it is ok for me to take advil pm to go to sleep? my heart is already beating a litle fast i dont know if that would be ok or not???
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 02:15 AM
    Sorry Im not about to tell you to take anything I don't need a law suit thank you, you need to see a dr.

Oct 18, 2007, 02:19 AM
    a lawsuit? sorry I was just asking advice. but thanks for your help..
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 02:20 AM
    Trust me you would be the first to scream and shout if you had some adverse effect from taking the advil with the way your feeling the only person who is going to be giving you medical advice is a dr, you are obviously having some serious adverse affeacts from this diet pill you need proper help not a yes or no from a total strainger hunn.

Oct 18, 2007, 02:22 AM
    well I was thinking a medicine expert would reply or someone who actually knows the advice they are giving. thanks anyway.
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 02:27 AM
    Take your attitude away not even a med expert would be stupid enough to answer this when you are taking a no script drug that is obviously not agreeing with you use some common sense log of here and take yourself to the ER you really do need to see a dr I'm not going to scare the living crap out of you by telling you what your symptums mean to me but you Really need to see a dr.

Oct 18, 2007, 02:29 AM
    Well what do you think the symptums mean? I'm just reallllyyy clueless right now.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 18, 2007, 02:35 AM
    >TWO Threads merged<

Oct 18, 2007, 02:37 AM
    ?
    Vision Expert

Oct 18, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brookeleigh
    ??
    You are asking for medical advice and people are giving the best medical advice that someone can give you in this situation. Stop taking the pills right now. GO TO THE HOSPITAL. This is serious. Anything that makes your heart beat faster than normal other adrenaline or excitement is not good. You need to go to the doctor. It doesn't matter what time it is. The emergency room is open 24/7. Go to the doctor. THere is no better advice. ANd sitting and waiting for some, won't help you any. I hope everything is fine. Please, go to a doctor.

Oct 19, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Thanks, I stopped taking the pills and things are a lot better now!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the best diet to get on I am 5'2" and am 140 I want to lose at least another 10-15 pds and not sure what could work for me a have tried so many other diets and got now where someone HELP:(

I want to loss weight [ 1 Answers ]

I want to losse weight but I want to build a six pack how can I do it?

Weight Loss pill [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering seen how I plan on buying Hydroxycut, if anyone has tried it, and if it works, if I should stay away from it, or whatever.

Weight loss [ 5 Answers ]

If you're calorie counting? How do you know how much to count? Total calories? Count calories per serving? Which?

Depression Medication + Weight Loss Pill [ 8 Answers ]

Hello... I started taking a Fat Burning Enhancer called Lipo 6. The first couple of days of taking them went all right. I did however have the normal effects which is light headed and increase in heart rate along with sweating. I go to the gym and today it really effected me. I was working out like...

View more questions Search