Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FLchickie Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Cat w/ very smelly wound!
    Ok, in the past year my indoor/outdoor cat, Pansy, has had 3 absesses (sp?). The first one we took him to the vet and took home antibiotics. The last two we took care of ourselves and they healed just fine.

But tonight he came in and smelled awful. I thought maybe he stepped in sh*t or something. Then I picked him up and it looks like he has a wound on his neck. The fur is somewhat matted and wet. I can't tell yet exactly because I need someone to hold him cause I'll have to look through his hair.

Its just the smell is terrible and unusual. I was hoping to get some answers tonight before getting a good look at it in the morning!

Please help!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2007, 09:43 PM
    Get him to the vet. My cat used to fight every cat and who knows what else. He would come home every so often all beat up and lick his wounds and heal miraculously fast. Then one day he came home and looked like he had had a fight with a ground hog or something even bigger. His head was a bit mangled looking and matted and wet. The wound on his neck had a lot of pus and smelled horrible and he was disoriented and then he died.
    FLchickie Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2007, 09:52 PM
    That is something Im worried about is that its on the side of his neck so the only way for him to clean it is with his paw. He can't directly reach it.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Your cat probably has a bad abscess on the neck. Hopefully you have taken him to the vet by now, and are getting appropriate treatment for this.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Try cleaning it with peroxide and get him to the vets ASAP

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smelly toilet leading to all floor being smelly [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there is toilet smell on all my floor in the company where I work what can be the reasons and what can be the remedy pl guide urgently.:mad:

Nutrition for wound healing [ 4 Answers ]

What micronutrients and foods containing these nutrients promote wound healing?

Bacteria that aids wound healing? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 questions. 1) I would like to know is there such thing as bacteria or other micro-organisms that are beneficial to wound healing? 2) Do all of these micro-organisms take in oxygen and give off carbon dioxide, like us? Are there any of them that has oxygen as the product of...

Wound cleaner? [ 11 Answers ]

I've injured my knee:( is there any wound cleaner liquid anybody knows to clean wound without burning sense. Because I knew some wound cleaner but they all give burning sense. Let me know as soon as possible.

Metradome Key Wound Too Tight [ 1 Answers ]

My metradome key is wound too tight. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, bhfinds

View more questions Search