Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emily93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Solve and check Equation
    I am supposed to solve and check each equation. An example is 1 third(9b-36)=-9 Another problem I am confused on is -5(2x-1)+6x=21

Thanks!
    cool_dude Posts: 124, Reputation: 9

Oct 19, 2007, 12:58 PM
    I don't understand your first question where u say "1 third(9b-36) = -9" Did you mean to say 1/3*(9b-36) = -9? Anyhow for your second equation all you do is expand the brackets and then simplify and solve for x. that simple! To check all you do is see if left side = right side by plugging in the value that you got for x back into the original equation.
    CesMads Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 04:14 PM
    in your first equation b=1. This is found by multiplying 1/3 to 9b and -36 which gives you 3b - 12 = -9. Add 12 to both sides and you get 3b = 3 then divide 3 to both sides and you get b = 1. The second equation is done by multiplying -5 to 2x - 1. THis gives you
    -10x+5+6x=21. Then you just combine like terms and solve for x.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To solve an equation [ 13 Answers ]

How can I solve this equation? a raised to 4.10667 = e raised to a. e is number e. I know a is 9.0427 (only 4 decimals). Is there a method? Thanks

Solve an equation containing two radicals [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am having problems solving the below; I have tried (repeatedly) using the instructions in my textbook but am not having much success. Can someone please help? 2x+5 - x-2 = 3 where (2x+5) is a complete radical as is (x-2). Trying to insert a very crude drawing of the above:...

Solve this math equation? [ 3 Answers ]

-3/14 divded by 1/2 times -3/7 AND the second problem is: A large department store held a big sale, with all clothing at 35% off, all jewelry @ 75% off, and electronics @ 25% off. It added a 6% sales tax to jewelry and electronics purchases only. Andre purchased a VCR originally priced...

Solve a math equation [ 2 Answers ]

3(x-6)=(2x-7)/4. I don' t know how to solve this one. Please help me

See if you can solve this; it's a linear equation [ 1 Answers ]

Your teacher is giving you a test worth 100 points containing 40 questions. There are 2-point and 4-point questions on the test. How many of each type of question are on the test? Is this right: the equation is 2x+4y=100 over x+y=40 I got: 2x+4y=100 -2(x+y)=40)

View more questions Search