Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jacquie626 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Renting Foreclosure Florida
    We just rented a house in Palm Beach county Florida, starting August 2007 @ $1,700/mo. Just got served with Foreclosure filing. Owner aware of arrears. He still entered contract with us. 1) What are our rights? 2) Do we still pay the rent to the current owner?

Thanks for your help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Until the property is actually foreclosed ( and the owner may save it from foreclosure, many houses get close but don't get foreclosed. Perhaps he is using the rent payments to keep it out.

But as long as the landlord is the owner, you have to pay him the rent.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Why were you served? What did the notice say?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance when renting [ 5 Answers ]

Is it rally necessary to pay the extra expense of purchasing insurance from the rental company when you have your own car insurance that covers car rentals?

Florida Foreclosure Guidelines [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida, under Florida law how late does someone have to be on their mortgage payments before said mortgage company can legally begin foreclosure? I am right now 28 days late on my mortgage, so should I be worried about a possible foreclosure? I have heard that you only have to be...

Renting a home already under Foreclosure to a Tenant [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Iowa and recently rented a home that was in the process of Foreclosure without knowing it. I moved in on 12/18/06, after the Foreclosure was filed and the Foreclosure was finally awarded to the bank on 4/06/07. I had to purchase all of the appliances to fill this home (fridge, oven,...

Renting or investing [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if buying a property for approx 90,000 dollars and living in it for approx a year, then turning it into a rental property would have any tax advantages, and if so what would they be? Thanks, KChagnon

View more questions Search