Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lexielexs Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Chili powder
    Can some one please help me find the history of chili powder I'm supposed to right a paper for culinary and I'm having a hard time find important info on chili powder if you can help me id really really really appreciate it
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2007, 07:12 PM
    Some of it's earliest origins is said to be as old as 7000BC, used in Mexico, chilies were grown and cultivated from 3500BC. The other history comes from the Indian cuisine, where it was part of a curry dish. The first commercial blend in the U.S. was formed in 1890. Chili powder consist mainly of chili peppers, ( red or cayenne), some chili powder contains cumin, oregano and garlic, as well as other ingredients.
    There are over 400 varieties in the world. India is the worlds largest producer and exporter of chillies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chili [ 5 Answers ]

What is your fave basic recipe for chili? (I always seem to think about chili around this time of year) I say basic cause I have seen recipes with chocolate !~~YUGGH Also I was getting tired of not being able to make a good pot of spaghetti for years Especially the noodles. Then a friend of...

Black powder [ 2 Answers ]

My mozzeloader is an old style flint lock it does not have a firing pin like say your center fire rifle yes its gun,, but so is an air rifle what am getting at is how can I be charged with a felony fire arm when there is no firing pin a mozzeloder is primetive weapon much like a bow and arrow in...

Protein Powder [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering would know if a protein powder can be harmful passed its expiration date? Thanks, Rik

Powder Coating [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing solid iron gates at a home a few hundred feet from a (brakish water) river in Florida. I had the gates powder coated and requested a satin or (at the most) a semi-gloss finish of about 15% to 30% gloss. Instead, the power coater did the gates in a high gloss. He claims that...

Now This Is Funny... the Chili Cook Off... haha [ 2 Answers ]

If you can read this whole story without laughing then there's no hope > for you. I was crying by the end. Note: Please take time to read this > slowly. If you pay attention to the first two judges, the reaction of > the third judge is even better. For those of you who have lived in >...

View more questions Search