Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shana_Baby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 05:19 PM
    How to go about online schooling?
    :) Okay. I previously just introduced myself. I'm new. I have some questions concerning online schooling. First off - I'm 17 and I'm a senior in a public high school. I'm going to be a super senior. High school just isn't working out for me. Not that I'm un capable... but I can't seem to keep up with my work at school and I have no interest anymore in going. I had been through a lot in the previous years with friends and family and school. I also attended an alternative school. Which was great but I wasn't being pushed enough so I decided to go back to high school.

Anyway. Juggling work and school is becoming draining. I really need to work right now to save for college and what not and school is interfring big time. I want to graduate and receive a diploma but I think I'd be better off if I could enroll in an online program that would work around my work schedule so that I could go to work during the day and do school at home at night.

Even if I wasn't working I have no motive to go to school with people I have no interest in and wasting 8 hours learning about 4 hours worth of stuff. Plus, I'm probably going to get credit denial. Therefor.. I will be a super super senior.

Sorry it's so long.

Anyone know any programs that can help me? Or that I can look into to receive a diploma but will allow me to learn and complete tasks around working everyday?:( Hmm...
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Why don't you just get your GED?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Actually at this point a senior already, with 7 or so months left, you are better off grad from high school, It is hard, but so will college going and working.

Many online schools are first not acredited and others still make it harder to get into some colleges.

But in the long term, this is considered home schooling, so your parents will have to agree and enrolle you.
    TCOLE231 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 01:45 PM
    I want to go to college but did not finish the 12th grade. Probably 1-2 credits shy. I am 31 now, married with a child! I want to go to college and get my life on track! Can I get into college with an online high school diploma? Which would you recommend? What is a life experience diploma?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 04:01 PM
    A life experience diploma is useless. Look up your adult learning center in your area and get your GED. There are many accredited online colleges (I used St. Leo) and go from there.
    Shana_Baby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 08:33 PM
    I need 26 credits to graduate. I only have 13. I rather get my diploma. One way or another. But they have all these rules now if your absent or late more than 3 times or something you get credit denial and of course you have to go to court and pay fines and stuff like that.

Why not just go? Well. Sometimes I wake up late and I don't drive yet so I have no ride. It takes an hour to walk there and if I don't get there by a certain time you don't get any credit for the day.

That's why I was interested in an online type of thing. I was interested in going back to my alternative school. But the school I'm in right now is bing ridiculous. I don't know what to do. :[
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana_Baby
    I need 26 credits to graduate. I only have 13. I rather get my diploma. One way or another. But they have all these rules now if your absent or late more than 3 times or something you get credit denial and of course you have to go to court and pay fines and stuff like that.

Why not just go? well. Sometimes I wake up late and I don't drive yet so I have no ride. It takes an hour to walk there and if I dont get there by a certain time you don't get any credit for the day.

That's why I was interested in an online type of thing. I was interested in going back to my alternative school. but the school im in right now is bing rediculous. I dunno what to do. :[
    There not being unreasonable, they have been trying to help you. Some people just do not want to be helped. Or actually have to WORK for anything. If you can not get up in time to get to school, and suggest going back to alternative school, sounds like you need some self discipline. Especially after only having half of your required credits and already a senior, how did you do this? You do know that colleges are interested in your attendance and gpa right?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 08:41 PM
    I don't know where you live or I would look it up for you.

Type cyber school and your area in the search engine.
    They give you a computer, but you can't use the internet for anything else unless you agree to pay for the internet yourself.
    My kids were going to do that but they got their GED instead.

This is the one for my area to give you an idea
    Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School Schools, Pennsylvania - PA: charter and public schools.

I am not sure about tuition costs though. I think the school district has to pay because they are not considered a private school.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana_Baby
    Sometimes I wake up late and I don't drive yet so I have no ride.
    So you're going to turn over a new leaf when you have a job, get up early every morning, eat a hearty breakfast, and get to work on time with lots of energy to do what they want you to do?

And what skills do you have? What kind of job would you go after? Without a h.s. diploma, you are fated for low-level jobs at minimum wage or less--IF you even get hired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Schooling for Autisic [ 5 Answers ]

I want to know if anyone knows about how to start a school or respite care for autistic children and their families.

Home schooling [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to take my ged at home or find a school where I can receive my diploma I work during the day and have a child so I really can't afford to pay for it is there any on line programs that maybe is free, or does not cost too much.

Home schooling in the UK [ 2 Answers ]

Hi :o Does anyone have any information about home schooling in the UK. Does a parent need to be qualified to teach

Home Schooling [ 2 Answers ]

Can you create you, your own Home Study program ?

Autisic schooling in norfolk [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any autisic schooling for my 13yr in norfolk

View more questions Search