Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moumen Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Child Abuse At Sisters Of Providence St. Vincent Hospital
    Hi
    My name is Moumen Al Khachi, I am here in Oregon

*. Is there any State/Federal department can investigate my daughter's story and take the legal action about that abuse?
    She been abused by my soprvisor at Prvidence St. Vinsent Hospital, I don't know wer to go. I tried to contact all the law departments here in Oregon, but no any one advised me what to do or were to go

CHILD ABUSE AT SISTERS OF PROVIDENCE ST. VINCENT HOSPITAL

(Please read what the media wrote at Salem-News.com)
    Portland Hospital Criticized Over Employment Practices - Salem-News.Com

To all those who care about children and human's rights

My wife and I are working as on-call cleaning attendance at Providence St. Vincent Hospital (Oregon/Barns Road).
    On May 1st 2007, I picked up my 8-year-old daughter from school after they call me, because she was very sick (fevers and mouth infection).
    I had to take her with me to the supervisor's room in the hospital, day and evening shift Supervisors were there, I asked them all: "I need help". One of them asked me: "what is the problem?" I told her: "Please allow me to start working late or release my wife from her work early because my daughter very sick and she needs one of us to take care of her".
    The same supervisor replied: "No, you must start at 2:30 PM" (it was 2:30 PM that time when it happen), I told her: "What about my daughter?" The same supervisor answers me: "Lay your daughter on the couch in the break room until her Mom finishes her work at 5:00 PM"
    I did so, because I didn't know the rules and the laws that time. My family and I stayed in USA few years only.
    I was afraid to lose my job if I did not follow their instructions, my family would suffer financially, so I did what they told me to do.
    There was a meeting that day at the break room, I asked my supervisor if I need to attend the meeting, she told me: "Go to you workplace, check if you have any urgent things to do, then come back to attend the meeting".
    So I attended the meeting sitting next to my daughter, the meeting was held for about 30-45 minuets, after the meeting I had to go back to work and leave my daughter alone again.
    My daughter was in pain; she had a fever and mouth infection, crying lying on the couch alone in the break room with out any of her parent for some time. (30 minuets before the meeting and about 1-hour after that meeting).
    The supervisor at Providence St. Vincent Hospital has forced the parent of little 8 years old sick daughter to work while the parents are on-call workers.
    They had put the little girl's life in danger by ordering me to lay her down on the couch alone in the break room for few hours with no one to watch her or take care of her.

*. Is there any State/Federal department can investigate my daughter's story and take the legal action about that abuse?

I know there are lots of good people around there somewhere, any one there? Please help!!

God bless you all
    Moumen Al Khachi
    Oregon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Hmm, you went to the press with this and they didn't refer you to the proper agency? Something doesn't sound right there.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Let me see, child and family services, the police, the state medical board, all places to report.

Reminds of a accident, when asked if he was hurt, the man said, he did not know, he had not talked to his attorney yet

Oct 18, 2007, 05:37 AM
    moumen disagrees: Any federal or local department will take my daughter story to investigate and take legal action?

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

Your use of the comments feature was inappropriate and is not going to inspire us to help you.

Second, you really didn't answer my question. You obviously went to the media with your complaint (which seems to be a valid complaint). Are you trying to tell us that the reporter who wrote that story didn't help advise you where to go to have your complaint investigated?

Since this happened 5 months ago, what steps have you taken? Have you spoken to the state Labor agency? Children's services? Health Dept?

I just find it hard to believe, with the publicity you have gotten, that you have to turn to this forum for help.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2007, 05:45 AM
    You are indeed on a mission:

Follow the advice given above.
    moumen Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 12:48 AM
    Child abuse at sisters of providence st. vincent hospital

washington county local news and views classifieds - craigslist
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 04:16 AM
    A person is always wonding the truth in someone's comments when they don't go to the authorities first, reminds me of a car wrech and when the paramedic asks the man how he is,he says how does he know he has not talked to his attorney yet.

You go to the media after you have went to children's services, after you went to the police and nothing happens. It is obvious that there appears to be some other agenda to this, which makes the claim appear doubous at best

Oct 26, 2007, 06:26 AM
    I agree with Chuck. We have given you several suggestions on who to contact. I also have to assume that the media has helped put you in touch with the proper authorities. I don't see anything more we can do for you.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 06:36 AM
    It does sound like you have a deeper axe to grind here. If you have gone to an attorney, like you said, and the attorney was not able to help you, then you have the right to seek another attorney. You got media coverage but really, it made you look like a trouble maker and clearly unsympathetic to your claims.

Now you do have the right to try and find a federal prosecutor - but good luck. I doubt this will happen. You might have better luck trying to get on some national show like "Maury" - he likes sensational journalism. Have you contacted the ACLU? They take on cases no one else wants.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Abuse [ 12 Answers ]

My father beets on me and my sisers but and I don't know what to do abaut it because He is all we have and if we get taken away I'm afraid me and my sisters will be split up and that's the last thing I want to happen:( :confused: :( :mad: :confused: :( Last night we got in a bigg fight cause I...

Child abuse [ 7 Answers ]

I was abused as a child by my biological father, the question I have is how do I go about prosecuting him now??

Child on child sexual abuse [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, Today I found out that my 13 year old grand daughter touched another 13 year old boys penis. He is so tramatized by the ordeal and his mother is just sick. I'm am at a wits end as to how to handle the situation. Legally what should be done about this. The boys mom wants my grand...

Child Abuse [ 5 Answers ]

I Need As Child Abuse Thesis Asap

View more questions Search