Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    symplme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2005, 09:41 AM
    Combining Sink Drains
    Hi,

I'm putting in a makeshift kitchenette on the first floor of my house. The sink is going in a closet that shares a wall with the bathroom. The water lines are already there, so that's no problem. However, There is no drain. I'm wondering if I can combine the drain to the kitchen sink with the drain to the bathroom sink that is right on the other side of the wall. Imagine it this way... the sinks are basically back to back, but there is a wall in between them.

Thank You for you help,
    Chad
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 27, 2005, 10:29 AM
    Hi Chad,

" I'm wondering if I can combine the drain to the kitchen sink with the drain to the bathroom sink."
    Yes you may and I'll even give you installation options.
    (1) you may ellbo, (not trap) off the closet sink and connect to the tailpiece ABOVE the lavatory trap and use the lavatory trap to service both fixtures. Or
    (2) Cut into the lavatory vent in the wall and replace the drainage tee with a drainage cross. Then just connect the closet sink and the lavatory with separate traps to the cross where they will be drained and vented.
    Sound like it'll work for you? Tom
    symplme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2005, 06:26 PM
    RE:Combining sink drains
    Yes! Good info. I've never done any of this before but I;m giving it a go on Sunday.

Thanks for your help.

Chad

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom sink drains through floor not wall [ 9 Answers ]

Hello First, let me say this a great forum. I just found it and registered. I want to put in a Kohler Cimmaron pedestal sink in my bathroom. The only difficulty is that the existing drain goes through the concrete floor rather than curving into the wall. And, it is about three inches off...

Laundry Sink Drains Slowly [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. Great Forum with great answers! Our laundry sink is in the basement and has a 1 1/2" pvc pipe set up to drain the washer to the point where it is under the laundry sink. The laundry sink also drains out into the "V" pipe and fills up as the washer drains its water out. Problem: Sink...

New bathroom sink drains slowly [ 3 Answers ]

I am finishing my basement. Shower is done, toilet is done, just installed vanity, sink, faucet, and drain. But the sink drains really slow when there is a small amount of water in the sink. But if I fill up the sink fairly full, then open the stopper, the water drains very quickly. Two...

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

Bathroom sink Drains into #2 sink [ 3 Answers ]

I have bathroom sink drain problems. The master bath sink drains into the shared bathroom sink which is located directly on the other side of the wall. I recently remodeled the bathroom and the only difference in the plumbling is a horizontal length of pipe I added to accommodate the new sink...

View more questions Search