Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spop Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2007, 11:36 AM
    $12,000,000 at retirement. How?
    If you want to have $12,000,000 at retirement. You start to deposit $40,000 per year at 12% into your retirement account. How many years will it take you to have that amount? And how do you calculate this information to get that answer?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 17, 2007, 12:35 PM
    31 Years.

The brute force way is like this - find N such that:

40,000 * [ (1+i) + (1+i)^2 + (1+i)^3 +... + (1+i)^N] >= 12,000,000

You can set up a pretty simple spreadsheet to see how large N has to be to satsify the condition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What equals 1,000,000 [ 12 Answers ]

I have been asked this question and have absolutley NO idea on what the answer is, someone please help me! Ok here's the question. If a = 1, b = 2, z = 26, is there a word that when the values of the letters are multiplied will make a product of one million? For example, BAD = (2)(1)(4) = 8.

1.000.000 USD silvercoin certificate [ 12 Answers ]

Dear All, I have ONE MILLION face value silvercoin certificate issued 1928 with serial number B25137222 N. Does anybody know the real value of this note and how to sell it ? Here is following note I have as well, and image of both sides of this.

Theft Under 5,000 [ 27 Answers ]

Hi, Yesterday I had the unfortunate mishap of being apprehended at a store for theft under $5,000. I had all my children with me and it was a complete accident. I ran out of the sstore looking for my lost cell phone and had unpaid merchandise in the stroller worth about $50 or less. I...

What would you do with $50,000 ? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok lets roll some ideas, what would you do if you have $50,000? What will you invest in? Let me know your brainic ideas but keep it away from pubs and stocks :)

Theft Under 5,000 [ 5 Answers ]

So I pretty much rock, I'm 19 from BC canada- aprehended this evening for theft under 5,000. Its my first offence - I was picked up by the stores security - it was a USED shirt worth like 6 bucks ( using it for halloween didn't have any cash on me) security wrote up a bunch of paper work and...

View more questions Search