Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princessmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Taxes withheld from paycheck
    Does anybody know the perentage of income taxes to be withheld from paychecks? I am also looking for the percentage to be withheld from social security and medicare taxes as well. Thanks in advance for the help.

Edwina
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2007, 07:55 AM
    There are withholding tables, the amount is based on income and exemptions claimed. You should be able to find those tables on the IRS and local state sites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paycheck taxes in new Jersey [ 1 Answers ]

If you claim 2 on the W4 and live and work in New Jersey and gross 70,000 What is the amount of taxes or percentage taken out biweekly

Earnings on withheld inherited funds [ 11 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a statute, specific to the state of Maine, that says when funds are withheld in case there may be a later IRS Estate Audit, that the heirs are not entitled to any interest or growth on those funds that occurred during that witholding period, no matter how long?

No taxes withheld from paycheck? [ 1 Answers ]

I just accepted a new position and was told for the first three months no taxes would be taken from my paycheck. 1. Why would a company choose to do this during the "trial period?" 2. I think I am supposed to put aside an amount (based on my tax bracket) that would normally be withheld because...

No taxes taken out of paycheck [ 3 Answers ]

I just started working for a small business daycare and there are no taxes taken out, we are paid with hand-written business checks but, I was asked to fill out a w-4 for (2007) just wondering what to do or how this works at the end of the year or if I should be taking taxes out myself each pay...

No taxes taken out on a weekly paycheck [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was told. Once or twice a year that one could request for No taxes to be taken out of your weekly paycheck. True or NOT? If one could do this what is it called? How does it work? Thank you LuAnn

View more questions Search