Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alana1970 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Account overdrafted
    Hi, yesterday I tried adding minutes to my prepaid phone through Nextel with my credit card. I was only putting $15.00 but it kept giving me an error message so I kept doing it and it went up to 289.83. I called Nextel and they said they would credit it back but it would take 7 to 15 days for this to happen. The bank tells me to just wait it out that currently the funds are on hold and they would charge Nextel for the $32.00 of overdrafting my account. Is this normal? And why did it happen if I was getting an error message.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2007, 06:25 AM
    It depends on the error message and Nextel's systems. But you should NEVER try to resubmit a charge unless you are sure it didn't go through.
    margog85 Posts: 241, Reputation: 19

Oct 30, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Sounds like it was a problem with nextel's system, not your card- if they bank put all of those holds on your account, then it was going through on the bank's end, but not nextel's. If the transaction hasn't posted to your account yet, try to get nextel to contact your bank with the authorization numbers for each transaction and request that the hold on your account be removed. This usually takes about an hour to process, and your money will become available to you again. If it already posted and you're waiting for a refund of money that nextel actually collected, then it can definitely take the timeframe they quoted you and there's no way around that-
    Hope this helps!
    pinky9 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 10:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alana1970
    Hi, yesterday I tried adding minutes to my prepaid phone thru Nextel with my credit card. I was only putting $15.00 but it kept giving me an error message so I kept doing it and it went up to 289.83. I called Nextel and they said they would credit it back but it would take 7 to 15 days for this to happen. The bank tells me to just wait it out that currently the funds are on hold and they would charge Nextel for the $32.00 of overdrafting my account. Is this normal? and why did it happen if I was getting an error message.
    You could've also filled out an EFT affidavit form. It's on the banks part, that way, the bank will give you the money to use until the bank figures out that it was a mistake. But like another person said earlier, if there is an error message like that, don't try to re-submit a payment... too risky. Maybe you should try something like online banking.. It's safer than over the phone and/or mail. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen account [ 1 Answers ]

Young man 20 years old has back account frozen. Due to his grandmother doing some fraud through her own acct. She is on his because he need her to sign when he set up. No wrongful activity took place through his acct as confirmed by bank. No notification was given. Bank advises they froze all...

Account was charged off [ 27 Answers ]

1 more question, I promise I won't bother anyone again. To summarize, I was served a summons from MBNA from the county sheriff. I had 30 days to respond to a PO Box at the court house. I sent a letter( didn't know better-now since reading should have done it differently). I called the law...

View more questions Search