Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gloomy123 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Feb 29, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by muna
    What kind of surgery is that?
    Again, how disfigured? if you have loss of Melanin(patches) how the doctors are going to restore that?
    what is the percentage?and how did you use it?
    I used 20% as I said before (on my previous post) and The doctor and I talked of skin grafts. Which will be time consuming. As well as a possible rejection of the grafted skin in a foreign spot. Again it is costly.

Feb 29, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Gloomy, can you you elaborate more about how disfigured you are?

If you go and read my post title (monobenzone has messd my skin up you will see what I said) I have raw pink and very dark patches allover my face, arms, neck, legs , cheast.) that's how extensive it is.
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Feb 29, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Sorry, did not follow your posts, why don't you depig all the way? It is cheaper.
    What is your original skin color? Have you used the cream or the powder?

For any one this page might help
    http://www.freewebs.com/monobenzone/...nearticles.htm
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Feb 29, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mgfusion
    I think Punkchic has given really good advice here, the idea of using monobenzone sounds crazy to most because of its high risk factors , but if you are really stubborn and do want to use it then always start with a low % of mono as the higher % you take the more likely you could ruin your skin. You've probably heard that 20% of mono is right to lighten the skin in a few months , but this is only advice for people with Vitiligo, as they need quick results to match the unpigmented areas of their body. there is no advice for the non-vitiligo consumer, becuase most dermatologists will refuse to help. which leaves random people you dont know who are willing to take the chance and risk and then give their experiences of it, but remember the effect of monobenzone is different with everyone.

Monobenzone was discovered in the 1930's by workers who were wearing gloves that contained monobenzone, after some time they satrted noticing lost pigment in their hands. Then it was used from the 1940's to 1950's to treat hyperpigmentation and was generally successfull, but later they discovered that with some patients certain areas that were not treated were loosing pigmentation, which lead to the discovery that applying it to one part (face) would work into the system and lighten maybe your left arm , or chest, and this kind of risk in the medical world is considered exremely harmful. I have access to medical Journals as I work in a university and i have read quite a lot now on it and learnt a few new things. again it all comes down to whether you are willing to take the risk
    Thanks for the history of monobenzone. :)
    Yes exactly. That is why I do not advise people to use monobenzone as I'm sure if they got bad results they would not be able to cope with it.
    Plus there is a risk.
    But if someone is desperate to use monobenzone then yeah perhaps start at a low percentage. :)
    monobenzone_attention Posts: 64, Reputation: 3
    -

Feb 29, 2008, 04:17 PM
    My dark neck faded out so beautifully.. I had a really dark neck.. now its gone.. I'm happy..
    Vahid Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 01:31 AM
    Muna Im going to take our dicussion here so it helpful to other members. You were right about Isoprpyl, it is not very good or effective to be mixed with Mono. But you can't buy Ethanol here. I called up a phramacist and he instructed that instead I can use Methylated Spirits (which you can buy very cheeply in supermarkets). I have discovered that disolving mono brings allot more potency and effectiveness. And I shall use it on my next batch.

Thank you for your help Muna, if it wasn't for you, I would have used the harmful Isoprpyl to mix my next batch.
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Mar 1, 2008, 03:05 AM
    Yes, Isoprpyl is not for preparations. Methanol is also called methyl alcohol.
    There're other alcohol for dissolving like dichloromethane or chloroform or ether etc.
    You can these people where to get it What is methanol used for? - Drugs - DoctorNDTV
    Or you can Google it, there a lot of Chinese web sites are selling it
    You might mix it with hand sanitizer, it has ethanol.
    Vahid, you are a very cute boy,
    -

Mar 1, 2008, 03:30 AM
    I use spirit 90% in my mono cream.. bought it from the pharmacy.. its actually to disinfect wounds
    mgfusion Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Gloomy , You said that you used mono for 1 year, can you please tell me did you apply it 1 times or to a day, to face, body or both , please describe in detail the pattern of application.

Thanks
    jojo9090 Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 10:12 AM
    What do you guys think 3% monobenzone will do?
    applebeee Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Hi, I'm Marie and I'm a new here. I've been using lighteners creams for over 20 yrs. I'm African American with very dark skin. I never had a problem with my complexion until I was 8 yrs old at my family gathering. I can still remember my cousins saying " look at Marie how ugly she is" "She is so black! They loved my younger sister who was a few shades lighter than me. I felt so awful about my skin color but at that age what can you do about it... My father use to tell me I was a very back baby. What a thing to say to a child in a way to make you feel bad about yourself.

Going to elementary school I didn't have any friends. HIgh school I had 3 girl friends I would hang out with because we had the same complexion.

At age 17 I had a boyfriend and he was light skinned. I got pregnant and had his child. I be;believed he did loved me but he never married me. We broke up when our baby was only 2. I got a job at a nursing home and there is where I met yemi a Nigerian women with light skin. She befriended me and she would come to my house. She noticed I had bad acne problem and dark spots on my face from the acne. She said I know what you can do about the dar spots and made a cream solution for me. Within a Month my dark spots were gone and My face became 5 shades lighter. I asked her to make a big container for me so I can use it on my whole body. She then told me she use the sane thing and that her skin color wasn't really her true shade of color. I was shocked when she showed photos of what she really look like. She was darker than my original color. That's how I got started with very strong lightener creams from Nigeria and until this day I can't stop using them. The only problem is... They are not working for me anymore. I'm not back to my original skin color and hiding from the world. I've been home on sick leave from work for a month now. I'm afraid once they see me they will be shock as to how dark I am. I don't know what to do. I feel desperate about my my own life right about now
    I was searching and searching on web and found this webpage. I'm feeling a little hopeful about lightening my skin permenate after reading about everyone's experiences with mono cream. Does it really work? Is it permanent?

HELP!

Mar 2, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovie1
    well said:) everybody skin and the experience that one might go thru is diffrent from one person to the next.

hey guys do you remember the brighter skin forum it was this african american girl on there ( named latoya) that used monobenzone she used it for over 3yrs before she completely depigmented . granted that that was not her original goal..

also the pakastain guy on there( named sam) used mono for a little over 2yrs and he was depigmented. and he did'nt look like micheal jackson:p :p :p so it varies from person to person.

the experince that are testified here are only individual of that person using it.

Yes i remember that forum the brighter skin forum... i was a member of that one too! Rather i signed up like this one.. wow that was a while ago...
    Vahid Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 04:20 AM
    Yes, Isoprpyl is not for preparations. Methanol is also called methyl alcohol.
    There're other alcohol for dissolving like dichloromethane or chloroform or ether etc.
    You can these people where to get it What is methanol used for? - Drugs - DoctorNDTV
    or you can google it, there a lot of Chinese web sites are selling it
    you might mix it with hand sanitizer, it has ethanol.
    Vahid, you are a very cute boy,
    MUNA!!

I mixed my monobenzone with methlyated spirits and a BIG difference.. the cream is now smooth, it never was before, and I'm hopeing it will work better too. Damn I wasted my last two batches, oh well.. it's allot better now.. and it even feels less stingy on my sensitive parts. The ethanol in meth (its 95% ethanol) completely or almost completely dissolved it. Im so happy now! Damn I just can't wait to see the effects of it. :)
    -

Mar 3, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by applebeee
    Hi, I'm Marie and I'm a new here. I've been using lighteners creams for over 20 yrs. I'm African American with very dark skin. I never had a problem with my complexion until I was 8 yrs old at my family gathering. I can still remember my cousins saying " look at Marie how ugly she is" "She is so black! They loved my younger sister who was a few shades lighter than me. I felt so awful about my skin color but at that age what can you do about it... My father use to tell me I was a very back baby. What a thing to say to a child in a way to make you feel bad about yourself.

Going to elementary school I didn't have any friends. hIgh school I had 3 girl friends I would hang out with because we had the same complexion.

At age 17 I had a boyfriend and he was light skinned. I got pregnant and had his child. I be;believed he did loved me but he never married me. We broke up when our baby was only 2. I got a job at a nursing home and there is where I met yemi a Nigerian women with light skin. She befriended me and she would come to my house. She noticed I had bad acne problem and dark spots on my face from the acne. she said I know what you can do about the dar spots and made a cream solution for me. within a Month my dark spots were gone and My face became 5 shades lighter. I asked her to make a big container for me so I can use it on my whole body. She then told me she use the sane thing and that her skin color wasn't really her true shade of color. I was shocked when she showed photos of what she really look like. She was darker than my original color. That's how I got started with very strong lightener creams from Nigeria and til this day I can't stop using them. The only problem is... They are not working for me anymore. I'm not back to my original skin color and hiding from the world. I've been home on sick leave from work for a month now. I'm afraid once they see me they will be shock as to how dark I am. I don't know what to do. I feel desperate about my my own life right about now
    I was searching and searching on web and found this webpage. I'm feeling a little hopeful about lightening my skin permenate after reading about everyone's experiences with mono cream. Does it really work? Is it permanent?

HELP!
    Hey.. yes monobenzone works! 100% it does.. but it takes time..

Plus your skin will be more sensetive to sun.. . so you have to use sunscreen when you go out..

I think this really sucks.. I love how mono lightened my skin so far.. it is gradual.. I am pleased with the result..

I told my friends about my lightening issue.. they were so shocked.. remember what it can does to your skin.. it removes melanin.. melanin is so important for us.. to protect us from the sun..

So there are always side effects.. I in love to go out with friends.. I enjoy swimming.. I have NO idea if I will be able to do that stuff again.. you will never get a tan anymore.. you become red instead of a tan..

Is that what we all want? I don't think so.. there is so much to see and explore in life..

I don't want to completely remove melanin from my skin.. this will be hard.. I want a lighter skin.. so if you use a low % of mono.. you probably become few shades lighter.. but if you don`t pay attention.. you will get blotches.. and then you have to go the EXTREME WAY..

I can see that my ellbows are getting lighter each day..

I HOPE I WILL BE ABLE TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE AFTER I LIGHTENED MY WHOLE BODY..

Mar 3, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by monobenzone_attention
    hey.. yes monobenzone works! 100% it does.. but it takes time..

plus your skin will be more sensetive to sun.. ..so you have to use sunscreen when you go out..

i think this really sucks.. i love how mono lightened my skin so far.. it is gradual.. i am pleased with the result..

i told my friends about my lightening issue.. they were so shocked.. remember what it can does to your skin.. it removes melanin.. melanin is so important for us.. to protect us from the sun..

so there are always side effects.. i in love to go out with friends.. i enjoy swimming.. i have NO idea if i will be able to do that stuff again.. you will never get a tan anymore..you become red instead of a tan..

is that what we all want? i dont think so.. there is so much to see and explore in life..

i dont want to completely remove melanin from my skin..this will be hard.. i want a lighter skin.. so if you use a low % of mono..you probably become few shades lighter.. but if you don`t pay attention.. you will get blotches.. and then you have to go the EXTREME WAY..

i can see that my ellbows are gettin lighter each day..

I HOPE I WILL BE ABLE TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE AFTER I LIGHTENED MY WHOLE BODY..
    Thank you - Monobenzone_attention for your response.

I don't know where to begin to start looking for the real mono cream. I've been to 2 dermatologist in the past and both refused to perscribe mono for me. They tell me it's only for people with vitiligo. I'm nnot a chemist so, I really don't want to experience with mixing raw materials. I might blow up my nieghborhood. I want to use a strong solution cream because I've been using hydroquinone for over 20 years to lighten my skin.

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks in advance.

Marie
    -

Mar 3, 2008, 11:01 AM
    where do you live applebeee? If you don't mind asking =)

Mar 3, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Monobenzone - Kosmix Topic Page - Medical Information for Monobenzone

Is this what you want?

Mar 3, 2008, 12:48 PM

How about this?

Mar 3, 2008, 12:49 PM

Or this? If you are willing to look like this all in the name of white skin . Then by all means go ahead.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 3, 2008, 12:51 PM
    You need to think very carefully about using monobenzone.
    Seriously, do you want to remain sensitive to the sun for the rest of your life?? It depigments the skin meaning you will have NO MELANIN! And we have melanin to protect us from the sun. Sunscreen will not help much. You will have to avoid the sun as often as you can!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vitiligo and tanning [ 7 Answers ]

I have Vitiligo on about 40% of my body (for those of you who don't know, it means that those areas are without pigmentation). I would like to walk around with a nice, deep tan (I live in Florida). Could you recommend any skin stains and such that I could use, which would last a long time? ...

I don't know what to say or do [ 5 Answers ]

I'm not sure where to start,OK ill start with my nan and pop live in india and I haven't seen them since I was a child (now 20) and we keep in contact through phone and email. I got an email from my nan and pop today saying that she's having some madical problems and needs a pacemaker. I no a...

My cpu is at 100 and don't know why [ 4 Answers ]

My cpu is at 100 and is slowing everything down I've defragged my computer, scanned for viruses, and restarted. It just started doing this. Task manager says system idle process is taking up all the cpu. Ireally hope you can help!

View more questions Search