Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aotake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 03:43 AM
    Good supplements for eye health?
    I'm looking for good supplements and foods for eye health.

In Japan where I live, blueberry is considered to be good for eye health.
    What supplements and foods are considered to be good in America and other countries?

Please tell me.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 17, 2007, 04:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aotake
    I'm looking for good supplements and foods for eye health.

In Japan where I live, blueberry is considered to be good for eye health.
    What supplements and foods are considered to be good in America and other countries?

please tell me.
    When choosing a brand of eye vitamins it is a good idea to compare vitamin and mineral composition compared to daily values and of course prices. Vitamins made for the eye should contain Vitamins A, C, E, B2 and minerals Zinc and Selenium. Of course eye vitamins now may contain the popular new Lutein. Lutein is an antioxidant whose true value is still being studied but is already gaining much attention. Lutein is concentrated mostly in the retina, lens and macula and thus it is assumed that having an efficient amount of Lutein will keep the eyes healthy. Also it is recommended that certain awareness is taken when taking specially formulated eye vitamins that follow the NEI formula for AREDs. This is especially critical for smokers where tests have linked beta-carotene and smokers to certain diseases. So if you are a smoker it is better to look for eye vitamins with no beta-carotene. We do not promote any eye vitamins but provide a list of a few of the most popular on our links page. It is a good idea to compare the eye vitamins to make sure they are going to give you the proper amount that you need

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How good is brandy for health? [ 3 Answers ]

I drink brandy 75ml every day, is it good for health?

Eye health w/ hyperthryoidism [ 1 Answers ]

I suffered for 2 years with hyperthyriodism and ended up having my thyriod taken out. In the meantime, I have double vision with one eye bugging and the other looking kind of droopy when I'm tired. Anyone know a solution or help for this besides eye surgery? :eek:

What do you think about supplements [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for more then 6 months now. I know that it takes time and all that. But I was wondering if there were some safe supplements that I could be taking to increase my fertility. I already take a daily vitamin and iron supplement as well. Thanks!

Eye health [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I lit the grill but left the gas on to long and it blew back in my face burning my eyes.Will my eye color fade or turn black.

Where do you find good health Insurance? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew where a person could find good Reasonable honest health insurers that won't make you go broke? Sorry this may be asking too much. I suppose it is. Thank You Don

View more questions Search