Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myred85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Black powder
    My mozzeloader is an old style flint lock it does not have a firing pin like say your center fire rifle yes its gun,, but so is an air rifle what am getting at is how can I be charged with a felony fire arm when there is no firing pin a mozzeloder is primetive weapon much like a bow and arrow in which am very much allowed to use a mean they sell mozzeloaders over the counter at wal-mart and you don't have to be check by the fbi our atf :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 16, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Because it is a fire arm, the firing pin does not make it, the gun powder and the killing ability also makes it a deadly weapon.
    You can fight this in court, but I doubt the court will see the difference
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 16, 2007, 07:36 PM
    Sorry, Padre, I spoke to my husband about this earlier, he is a master gunsmith with a huge gun shop in West Tenn.

As I answered you previously Myred85, you are allowed to have a muzzleloader/black powder gun. Felons are not allowed to have a handgun, rifle, or shotgun. The purchase of a muzzleloader does not require a NICS background check as does the purchase of other firearms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunting with black powder [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to now being a felon can I hunt with a mozzoloader

Protein Powder Concern [ 3 Answers ]

I'm deciding whether to start taking protein powders to gain muscle, but have been told by some that protein powders contain traces of steroids and should just stick to natural foods. Others tell me otherwise as they mix scoops of powders made of chemicals they can hardly pronounce into their...

Protein powder [ 2 Answers ]

How long before protein powder expires?

Protein Powder [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering would know if a protein powder can be harmful passed its expiration date? Thanks, Rik

Powder Coating [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing solid iron gates at a home a few hundred feet from a (brakish water) river in Florida. I had the gates powder coated and requested a satin or (at the most) a semi-gloss finish of about 15% to 30% gloss. Instead, the power coater did the gates in a high gloss. He claims that...

View more questions Search