Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toed78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Cost of Merchandise sold
    In 2005, Best Buy reported revenue of $27,433 million. Its gross profit was $6,495 million.

What was the amount of Best Buy's cost of merchandise sold? Enter the amount in millions.

Please Help
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2007, 07:11 PM
    I don't think this question can be answered with just this much information.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Revenue 27,433
    Less: Cost of Sales

Equals Gross Profit which is 6,495

Therefore, Cost of Sales = 27,433 – 6,495

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of Merchandise Sold [ 2 Answers ]

I am online right now doing homework for my Accounting 1 class. I have been given the question below. Determining cost of merchandise sold In 2005, Best Buy reported revenue of $27,433 million. Its gross profit was $6,495 million. What was the amount of Best Buy's cost of merchandise...

Schedule Cost of goods manufactured and cost of goods sold [ 10 Answers ]

I am taking my first class in Accounting and I am having difficulties with my homework. I have the following problem, that I have done in several ways and I always get an answer that is greater that the correct one. These are the figures (in thousands of dollars): Direct Labor Cost: $10,500...

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

Cost of Merchandise v. Cost of Good Sold [ 1 Answers ]

Is cost of goods sold the same thing as cost of merchandise sold? If not and if no additional information about where the cost of merchandise sold figure came from should it be included on an income statement? :confused:

Inventory cost/cost of good sold [ 1 Answers ]

Is inventory cost the same as Cost of good sold? I believe it is but would be grateful for comfirmation.

View more questions Search