Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CollegeBoundExCon Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Advisors, lend me your ears.
    I want to design software. I believed this to be called "Software Engineering", but courses at colleges are named different things for convenience (:rolleyes: ). Should I be taking 'Computer Information Systems - Computer Programming' or some other course of study to start? Thanks ahead of time.

-Jason :cool:
    CollegeBoundExCon Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Wow, thanks for nothing. What is this site for again?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Hello college:

I'm sorry. Did you think we were just waiting around to serve you?? Dude! Get a life.

excon
    SHARYL4 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 02:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeBoundExCon
    I want to design software. I believed this to be called "Software Engineering", but courses at colleges are named different things for convenience (:rolleyes: ). Should I be taking 'Computer Information Systems - Computer Programming' or some other course of study to start? Thanks ahead of time.

-Jason :cool:
    HI,

I am aware of the so many names of the same thing, especially in the IT industry which, let's face it, is so wide. My advice is the following: get informed. Meaning if you want to become a Software Engineer, you should check everything related to the requirements of this job. Taking these into account, you should then go to colleges and ask information about the educational profiles related to IT. Then, take every profile (Let's say Computer Information Systems - Computer Programming) and see what disciplines you yould have to attend and what you would learn. Also, what kind of degree you would have in the end. And if all those match the requirements of the job you're after, you can take those courses, because they would help you in the same way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which company to lend money to? [ 6 Answers ]

The proprietors of two businesses, L.L. Sams Company and Melinda Garcia Career Services, have sought business loans from you. To decide whether to make the loans, you have requested their balance sheets. Solely on the basis of these balance sheets, to which entity would you be more comfortable...

Friend that has lend me money [ 2 Answers ]

My friend has lended me money, Igave him post dated checks. He never puts the check through and calls all the time about the money. Whwn I tell him to put the checks through , he stays I am not sure about the loan now. He also keeps threating to take me to court.

Ears, ears, ears. When will it end? [ 28 Answers ]

Okay so for those of you that don't remember... Callie started scratching her ears, A lot. She wimpered every time she would scratch them. I bought some ear solution and cleaned her ears and it did not help. I finally took her to the Vet and the Vet said he could not find any signs of earmites...

Investment advisors [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find a ranking of the nations top rated financial advisors?

Having Two Financial Advisors.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone. Does it matter if you have two financial advisors, one for my long term and one for my short, or just two to have a different view? Is such a thing feasible? Any help appreciated!

View more questions Search