Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donkeydust Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2005, 11:58 AM
    Forbidden URL message is it censorship?
    When I tried to bring up http://www.cableterminator.com/ I got an error message. Forbidden URL
    Is this censorship possibly?
    Can anyone else bring up that addrress?

The reason I think it may be censor shiip is that my internet provider is the cable company and I am looking for a TV guide for illegal cable.

Your local outlaw, donkeydust.
    PS if I am wrong is there something else I can do about it?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2005, 12:02 PM
    It's an error on the web server side. Everybody will get a version of the same error.
    It's not you, it's him. :)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2005, 06:40 AM
    Forbidden
    Hi,
    I clicked on the link you gave, and got the same error. It's not you or your ISP at fault.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 27, 2005, 07:34 AM
    The problem is defintiely on the server end. There are two possibilites. Either there is a problem with the way the site has been constructed or the site is restricted.

Its possible, given what you said about the site, that you have to be given access to it by the site operator.

I'm curious though, what would a TV Guide for illegal cable be? What do you mean by illegal cable? If you are referring to a descrambler that you are using to illegally receive cable TV. I strongly suggest you stop using it. Cable companies are cracking down on these and if they find you using one it could mean a hefty fine if not jail time.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2005, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    I clicked on the link you gave, and got the same error. It's not you or your ISP at fault.
    Didn't I just say that a day earlier?
    donkeydust Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2005, 02:29 PM
    Thanks all & sorry ScottGem I meant Illegal "satelite."
    A huge number of people up here use pirate satellite without much concern.

The sellers advertise in the local paper. I think they like the buyer to put in the code so they are not responsible. That said laws are not so restrictive in general up here than in the usa.

Dishnet including pay per view channels run about $500 USD. The receiver people are using now is Koolsat (sp?) and the channel menu is not great.

Not that that is always so great to have less punitive laws... as we have a lot of property crime because of it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 27, 2005, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeydust
    A huge number of people up here use pirate satelite without much concern.

The sellers advertise in the local paper. I think they like the buyer to put in the code so they are not responsible. That said laws are not so restrictive in general up here than in the usa.

Dishnet including pay per view channels run about $500 USD. The reciever people are using now is Koolsat (sp?) and the channel menu is not great.

Not that that is always so great to have less punitive laws... as we have a lot of property crime because of it.
    I'm sorry, but I cannot and will not condone or support such piracy. Whether its common practice or not, its still stealing. Maybe, if so many people didn't steal the signal, the increased revenues would allow the satellite companies to reduce prices.

If laws change its going to be very easy for the satellite company to drive around noting pirate dishes and then prosecuting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Message in Lan [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone show me how to chat with people in a Lan network. Any software is so good. Thanks.

Children watched a forbidden horror movie [ 14 Answers ]

Gee I hope I'm not posting too many questions about children and babies! I must look like an idiot. But I really need the extra support and I always receive such good answers here... Yesterday my husband and I hired a babysitter for part of the evening, so that we could go out together. The...

Forbidden [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to access this page monsterzero.us/editorials/editorials.php?. &subCatID=15&contentID=524 it's #6 on Yahoo search for godzilla final wars,and was told that it was forbidden what's up with that?

Forbidden Love [ 1 Answers ]

Message deleted by me.

View more questions Search