Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kateykat16 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Henry David Thoreau's walden.
    This is a question about Henry David Threau's walden. In what way did living in the woods enable Thoreau to improve the quality of his life?
    luvmylab Posts: 90, Reputation: 7

Nov 12, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Living on the edge of town allowed Thoreau to understand the world around him better. He wanted to be self-reliant. Live off the land. Thoreau believed that everyone was too interested in success and money and material things. You have to understand that Thoreau was a rebel. He didn't agree with the government, didn't want to pay taxes. He marched to his own drum and thought others should too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Masters in Education through Walden University [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at taking my masters degree in teaching through an online degree program at Walden University. Would like to hear from people who have done the same. What did you think of their program? Would you go through them again? How was the workload and time spent online? Thanks : )

David Bach? [ 1 Answers ]

Has any one heard of David Bach? He is the guy that tells you to save $10 a day and put it in a retirement account. I was watching a special about him on pbs and his theories make sense but I was just curious if anyone has tried his ideas or bought any of his books. Thanks

David [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 van and the heater blows out cold air only---along with this the engine revs up very high at idle. I feel these 2 problems are connected. Any advice as to what to check first

Henry viii [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing thi sreally hard hisotry thing about Henry VIII and the break with Rome. I have done how he did it and why he did it, I just need to know what went wrng for him and the longterm after effects of the break with rome. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!! :eek: :confused: :(

Hoochey Coochey Henry From Hawaii/Artist [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of the artist who recorded a song by the name of " Hoochey Coochey Henry From Hawaii ".I had it on a 45 in the late 70's, but have since lost the record. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appriciated.

View more questions Search