Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cpetros Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Oil odor throughout house
    Recently our furnace had back up problems-now repaired. Our home now smells terribly of oil resulting from the backup. No oil leak.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 16, 2007, 11:24 AM
    There are professional products to help with the oil small. They are available at the HVAC supply house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Under house odor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a strong odor coming from the crawl space (about 18" high) under the house. It is acrid and earthy; strong and unpleasant. We have tested air for mold-no unusual problem. Made a french drain about 20 years ago around half of the house, still dampness in that half, but not wet or standing...

Odor in House---with updates! [ 3 Answers ]

All I read the string and notice I have a similar problem with a little twist: 1) Live in a 3 story townhouse no underground bottom floor--sits on foundation. Water heater and utilies in closet open to garage.. laundry room inside on bottom floor. 2) had a sewage/organic smell strongest...

Oil odor throughout the house [ 4 Answers ]

There is an extremely strong oil odor through out the house. There is also a considerable amount of black crud on the basement floor by what I am assuming is the blower. Suggestions?

Sewage Odor Throughout House [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I found this site by accident and am hopeful someone can give me advice. We are experiencing a sewage type odor throughout the house whenever water is turned on. I believe it happens when it is traveling through the pipes, hopefully not under my home. It ONLY happens when water is used....

View more questions Search