Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HogleLover Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Oct 16, 2007, 08:31 AM
    Refinancing my car
    Is there a certain amount of time that I need to have had my car before I can refinance it and get smaller payments? What is the process... and how would I go about starting it?

Any kind of help would be awesome. THANKS!

:rolleyes:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 16, 2007, 08:34 AM
    I moved this to the credit forum where it really belongs.

The answer depends on the terms of your loan. Some loans will have a prepayment penalty. So you really wouldn't want to refinance until after that period. Also what makes you think you will get lower payments? Unless your loan has a very high interst rate and/or a short term, you may not be able to lower your payments.
    HogleLover Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Oct 16, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I moved this to the credit forum where it realy belongs.

The answer depends on the terms of your loan. Some loans will have a prepayment penalty. So you really wouldn't want to refinance until after that period. Also what makes you think you will get lower payments? Unless your loan has a very high interst rate and/or a short term, you may not be able to lower your payments.
    Thanks anyway...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refinancing my car [ 1 Answers ]

How do I make my ex-wife refinance my car

Refinancing [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting great advice on refinancing my mortgage. I guess if I could get the deal in writing before I signed any final papers. I would be in great shape. Preventing them from changing figures the last minute. Currently I have a fixed 30 year mortgage. Balance is $49,000 I also have a $17,000...

Refinancing [ 1 Answers ]

We moved to Florida 16 months ago and are planning on moving back to Iowa. It is not what we thought. We sold our home in Iowa and the market was starting to fall. So we didn't make a lot. We bought a home down here because everyone kept saying the market was going to go up fast. Big mistake. ...

Refinancing [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 10.5% fixed mortgage. But to refinace it to a 6.5% rate Would not be worth it. With various fees, sometime they called them lenders fees, closing cost, points. And then you have the interest rate Which depends of your credit rating. The mortgage payment is only $474.00 a month. It's...

View more questions Search