Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmhp1158 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Can I be forced to leave the marital home
    My wife has left our home with our two sons and is now living with her mother. She told me that she wants me to leave the home, so she can move back in with our children and also wants me to continue to pay the mortgage and all the bills. She is not working and never has since our children were born. I really don't think this is something that legally can happen. Please help.
    MarkRealEstateConsultant Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 16, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kmhp1158
    My wife has left our home with our two sons and is now living with her mother. She told me that she wants me to leave the home, so she can move back in with our children and also wants me to continue to pay the mortgage and all the bills. She is not working and never has since our children were born. I really dont think this is something that legally can happen. Please help.
    You have as much of a right to be there as she does. She chose to leave.
    You need to contact a divorce attorney soon. Until then I'd sugest you stay in the house - you wouldn't want her to claim you abandoned her.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 16, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Actually it could. You NEED to get a divorce attorney ASAP! It would not be unusual for her to divorce you, get the home and have you continue to pay the mortgage along with alimony and child support.

But she can't force you out unless its part of a separation agreement or divorce decree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult Child Refusing to leave home [ 5 Answers ]

I have a daughter "23" and my grandson "6" that will not leave home. She lives with me rent free and refuses to help me with keeping the house clean and stop being so disrespectfull. I am at my wits end, I love her and want her to only grow up and be adult enough to pick up after herself and my...

Do I have to leave the family home when divorcing [ 4 Answers ]

Do I have to leave the home when divorcing

How long can I leave a new Labrador puppy home alone [ 14 Answers ]

I'm thinking of getting a Lab pup but I don't want to be cruel by leaving it on its own too much! I currently have exams so would be able to pop back home every 3-4 hours, and then after my exams and then after about 3 weeks, I will be home for a good 2 and a half months. Then I will be starting...

Marital home inheritance law [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am married to my present husband since 4 years. We live in California.He has 2 grown up children from his past marriage. My question is , Will the home we live in still belong to me in the event of my spouse passing away? OR do his kids also have a share in our home. P.S we live ion this...

Keeping the marital home due to desertion [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has moved out of our marital and home and in with his girlfreind does this mean I can keep the house on grounds of desertion

View more questions Search