Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2007, 06:52 PM
    I have some pictures of my pets, but not a lot of them. I rely more on the microchips that they have to be positive ID for me.

On the other hand, if it is "the wrong people", how hard will it be for them to get a picture of a black Scottie?

Have you seen any "lost dog" flyers up? And check in the local paper lost and found section. Which will, I have found, normally run "found" ads for free, so that's an option as well.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2007, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy7
    I have some pictures of my pets, but not a lot of them. I rely more on the microchips that they have to be positive ID for me.

On the other hand, if it is "the wrong people", how hard will it be for them to get a picture of a black Scottie?

Have you seen any "lost dog" flyers up? And check in the local paper lost and found section. Which will, I have found, normally run "found" ads for free, so that's an option as well.
    Yeah, I already took him to the vet and had him scanned... no microchip :(

I do agree that anyone could get a picture... but in addition to answering all the questions about him correctly, I think it would be added proof... but maybe not :o

I have been all over looking, and no "lost dog" flyers. I posted "found dog" flyers though :) And no luck in the paper... but I called them yesterday and they are putting an ad in for me. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Ok so here's the update...

After one day of having the flyers up... my little guy's owners called :D

They said he, and their other dog (a beagle) got out on Sunday. The beagle came back, he didn't. She was going out to put up reward flyers, when she saw my flyers :)

So they came and picked him up today, and overly thanked me for taking such good care of him.

So hopefully they learn from this experience and make sure the little guys can't get out of the yard... because next time something worse could happen :(

Thanks for everyone's help and advice :):)
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Thanks for the update. I hope they get him neutered and keep him safe.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 05:19 AM
    That is so great! I bet they were really happy to get him back. Are you going to go and get yourself a doggie now?
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Yeah, they were really missing him :)

Yes I think we will go and rescue another puppy, now that we know our own little dog gets along with other dogs. We are going to wait until he gets neutered in a fews weeks, and healed up :)
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Oct 18, 2007, 06:24 AM
    That's really great of you to have done all that. And for thinking about rescuing a dog:) I'm sure your dog will love having a buddy! I'm glad the owners came when they did before your kids got overly attached:)
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katieperez
    That's really great of you to have done all that. And for thinking about rescuing a dog:) I'm sure your dog will love having a buddy! I'm glad the owners came when they did before your kids got overly attached:)
    Yeah it was sad to seem him go, I must admit... but at least his owners were looking for them, and hopefully they realize what could have happened to the little guy! They told me where they lived... and it's not too far from my home (probably a mile or so) but the big thing was he had to cross a VERY VERY busy street! I hope they take better care not to let him get out.
    My daughter handled it pretty well, she was a little bummed but understood he had to go back to his owners. I told her we would probably get her another puppy.

Yeah, my little guy is bored now! Haha We are probably going to go back to the ranch we got Lennox from. They rescue litters so they aren't put down. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Oh... for all you who have been helping me :) is it rude for me to deny a reward?

Right after the owner came and got him, my sister in law called and said she saw a "reward" poster (she didn't know the owners had called, and she was giving me the number for the poster).

I mean the owner told me she was going out to put up reward flyers, when she saw my flyers already up. They didn't mention it when they picked him up... so I thought everything was okay and done. But she called last night and left me a message, and said she was so excited to get him back she forgot about the reward. She said she wanted to thank me again for taking such good care of him, and she would like to drop by some money on Friday.

I don't need a reward... is it okay to not take it?

Oct 18, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Absolutely! You shouldn't feel bad or rude at all for not wanting to accept a reward:) I think the whole reward thing that owners post is mostly to entice people to keep an eye out for their pets. A lot of greed driven folks unlike yourself would be on the lookout for the pet only for that purpose. I'd just tell her that you can't accept it because you were acting the way you would want someone else to act if your dog got loose. It doesn't seem like the scottie was much of a burden and I would stress that :) I posted a reward when my 13 year old cat Snoops got out. Turns out my neighbor spotted him and he didn't accept the reward I offered either. I think she'll understand and be just fine with it :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Absolutely! You shouldn't feel bad or rude at all for not wanting to accept a reward:) I think the whole reward thing that owners post is mostly to entice people to keep an eye out for their pets. A lot of greed driven folks unlike yourself would be on the lookout for the pet only for that purpose. I'd just tell her that you can't accept it because you were acting the way you would want someone else to act if your dog got loose. It doesn't seem like the scottie was much of a burden and I would stress that :) I posted a reward when my 13 year old cat Snoops got out. Turns out my neighbor spotted him and he didn't accept the reward I offered either. I think she'll understand and be just fine with it :)
    Ok good :)

Yeah I kind of freaked out... after I gave the dog back to the owners and my sister in law called and said there was reward signs up from him... I was like "Oh my gosh, what if someone saw those signs, remember seeing the dog and knows what he looks like, then saw my signs and called and claimed him to get the money!!" I was freaking that maybe I had given him to the wrong people... but then the lady called back and spoke of the "reward" so I was relieved haha :)
    I told her I had bathed him, and taken him to the vet... she offered to cover the vet costs, but I told her my vet didn't charge me since he knew the dog was lost.

I'm just glad everything worked out :)
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by macksmom
    Oh...for all you who have been helping me :) is it rude for me to deny a reward?

Right after the owner came and got him, my sister in law called and said she saw a "reward" poster (she didn't know the owners had called, and she was giving me the number for the poster).

I mean the owner told me she was going out to put up reward flyers, when she saw my flyers already up. They didn't mention it when they picked him up....so I thought everything was okay and done. But she called last night and left me a message, and said she was so excited to get him back she forgot about the reward. She said she wanted to thank me again for taking such good care of him, and she would like to drop by some money on Friday.

I don't need a reward....is it okay to not take it?
    If you don't want it, you don't need to take it. My mother taught me that you should never take a reward for helping a living creature, human or animal. However, if it's going to make the other people feel bad if you don't, you might suggest that they donate the amount to a local rescue, spay/neuter group, shelter, etc. And if they really really insist on giving you something, then the polite thing to do is take it. You could then donate it if you really didn't want to keep it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2007, 04:51 PM
    So here's another update heehee ;)

Went to the humane society yesterday and rescued this ADORABLE little girl :D:D

Now, just got to work with keeping my little man Lennox off her until I get him fixed or figure out if she's spayed! Haha
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 05:57 AM
    macksmom, congrats on your new dog. My little girl dog has a small scar on her tummy, it almost looks like a burn scar. I am surprised that they did not make sure she was spayed before they adopted her out.
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    macksmom, congrats on your new dog. My little girl dog has a small scar on her tummy, it almost looks like a burn scar. I am suprised that they did not make sure she was spayed before they adopted her out.
    Thanks :D Getting ready to take her to the vet to get checked out in a little bit :)

Yeah that was my main concern, because Lennox isn't neutered yet, to have an un-spayed girl in the house with him. We asked the lady at the shelter did she know if she was spayed, and she said they couldn't tell. So actually my husband and I left, because I didn't want to risk it. We got about halfway home and I said "her tag said 'date for adoption or euthanasia'" I said "let's go back and get her".

We went back and took her out of the cage and had her lay on her back, we tried to look for a scar. She is dark chocolate in color, so it was hard to see. I did see, however, a little area that was a straight line that didn't have as much hair as the rest of her. I thought that may be where she was spayed. They had that they think she is about 2 years old.

They scheduled her to be spayed December 6th and let us take her home. They said when she comes in to get spayed the vet will shave her and see if there is a scar, and palpate and see if they can feel anything there or not there.

I have never had a female dog... so I am not sure if they act different weather they are spayed or not. But she is very calm. And Lennox was sniffing and sniffing her when she got home and tried to mount her a few times, but she isn't having it. She will snap at him and he stops. So I'm not sure.

She has a really bad cough, so I am taking her to the vet, and maybe they can tell me if she's spayed :confused:

Oct 22, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Awwww! Congrats on the new member! And a pound puppy at that :D What's her name? Yeah, the vet should be able to tell you if she's spayed. And get rid of that kennel cough:)
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 07:07 AM
    I have never had a dog go in heat, I am not sure what should be looked for in the early stages. I'm sure the vet can tell you. My girl had kennel cough when I adopted her, but she was on meds for it. She has never had it since. If it is you'll need to keep an eye on Lennox.
    As far as getting her spayed making her behave more calm or not, I doubt it. But in a few weeks she may be full of life, or certain things may trigger that reaction. Once she gets used to the routine and her surroondings, she will probably be much different than the dog your seeing now. Mine is calm until she gets really excited over something and then she acts like a puppy.
    Hopefully, by the time you get Lennox neutered and he has settled down, they will be great playmates. Ours are and we have a boy and a girl that were adopted at different times. It is so fun to watch them play. They have brought our family closer together and made us much happier people. Good Luck with your new dog.

Oct 22, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    I have never had a dog go in heat, I am not sure what should be looked for in the early stages. I'm sure the vet can tell you. My girl had kennel cough when I adopted her, but she was on meds for it. She has never had it since. If it is you'll need to keep an eye on Lennox.
    As far as getting her spayed making her behave more calm or not, I doubt it. But in a few weeks she may be full of life, or certain things may trigger that reaction. Once she gets used to the routine and her surroondings, she will probably be much different than the dog your seeing now. Mine is calm until she gets really excited over something and then she acts like a puppy.
    Hopefully, by the time you get Lennox neutered and he has settled down, they will be great playmates. Ours are and we have a boy and a girl thta were adopted at different times. It is so fun to watch them play. They have brought our family closer together and made us much happier people. Good Luck with your new dog.
    You are so right! We adopted Brandy when she was 4 months old and Abram was 5 months old. They seemed to click right away, but Brandy was a little unsure of us and her new surroundings for almost a month. She did submissive peeing and never quite snuggled the was Abram does. She'd let us pet her but she's usually walk away back to Abram. Now though, you never would know she was like that. After that month or so, she can't get enough of us! No more submissive peeing and she's more of a cuddlebug than Abram! She really came around and her personality shines and she's such a lover!
    macksmom-don't be discouraged if the new girl seems a little sketchy for a bit. She should warm up in time:)
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Awwww!! Congrats on the new member! And a pound puppy at that :D What's her name? Yeah, the vet should be able to tell you if she's spayed. And get rid of that kennel cough:)

We named her Ava :)

There she is, and Lennox trying to hump her haha
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 08:31 AM
    So CUTE!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Found my lost love [ 35 Answers ]

I am 58 and I recently was reunited with my childhood sweetheart after 40 years. First I would like to say that I have been happily married to the same woman for 37 years. I found my childhood sweetheart through classmates.com. I had posted a message and after a long period she contacted me. She is...

Sex - Needed, Missed, Lost & Found [ 20 Answers ]

I'm curious what most people think a good amount of sex is for a 29 year old male and 24 year old female? I currently (in a bad lull) am only having sex with my fiancé 1 time per week... At one point it was 3-4 times a week... I think a healthy relationship needs ADEQUATE sex 3+ times a week to...

Lost and found [ 3 Answers ]

I found a purse in a cart outside astore, brought it home and tried to locate the owner, I couldn't so I took itback to the store. Did I do anything wrong?

Picture of infant Jesus dated 70 AD found in Turkey? [ 2 Answers ]

Does any body know of a early twentieth century discovery in Turkey of a stone plate drawn on it infant jesus in his mother lab and inscribed underneath Jesus our lord? Where can I find on the internet or magazines?

Lost love found married [ 40 Answers ]

I had special feelings for this guy during my college days but the relationship just went off unsaid.we met after many years to realise that we shared the same feelings till date.but the situations were I was a divorcée with a kid and he was about to get married to his love.he married her and...

View more questions Search