Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reagan2005 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 01:22 AM
    Is dreaming of your ex normal
    I'm currently in a relationship and I've been with my girlfriend for 6 months now, but for the last 2 weeks I've been having vivid dreams of my ex. The dreams are never sexual but their so clear I can smell her perfume. What's bothering me is, last night night my girlfriend spent the night, and I had a dream about my ex and it was of a memory I have with her one that I will always hold sacred, and when I awoke I thought my ex was going to be next to me and when she wasn't I got sad, and stayed up all night thinking of her.

I've had these dreams every night for the last 2 weeks, without missing a day. The problem is their starting to take a toll on my current relationship, because every time I have one I think about the dream and my ex all day and I block my girlfriend out. My girlfriend keeps asking me what's going on but I don't think I can tell her about me dreaming of my ex. Its not fair for my girlfriend, I know if these dreams keep happening we're going to grow apart and I'm going to lose her, but to be totally honest there's some nights I go to sleep and hope to have another dream of her. Should I just end it with my girlfriend, or does every one have these dreams?
    MarkRealEstateConsultant Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 16, 2007, 07:44 AM
    This is not in my professional background but I'd suggest that you are normal - we all have dreams - particularly about people or events that are significant to us.
    Visit the ex - see if getting back together is what you both want - if not simply move on (the current girlfriend is a great place to start)
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Oct 16, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Did things end badly between you and your ex or was it a mutual break-up? Dreams are sometimes a form of the subconscious mind. The way you describe your dreams makes me believe you still have deep feelings for your ex and that's not going to go away until you get closure. If things didn't end badly with her, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to see if she is feeling the same way.
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Do you still love your ex? Does she still love you? Do you want to be with her? Do you love your new girlfriend?
    HogleLover Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Oct 16, 2007, 08:10 AM
    I think your normal... or at least I hope you are. Because I have those kind of dreams about my ex too. I was with him for 3 1/2 years... then we broke up and I moved on and eventually got married. But now we're friends, and I sometimes have dreams about him or memories of us... and it makes me miss him. But I have moved on... and I cherish my friendship with him. I think becoming friends with your ex, and having closure with her will really help you. You should give her a call and see what she thinks.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lucid Dreaming [ 3 Answers ]

:confused:?? How Can I Have Lucid Dreams And How Can I Control My Dreams?? :confused: I've been trying 4 7 months now I bought laberge book but nothing is working help thanks

Dreaming Connection [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I had a dream that I got raped, that's not the full story from the beginning but I just want you to get the obvious things. But the guy had some buddies with him and as he touched my hand and told me that he wanted to do some stuff with me, I can't remember why I yelled and called rape...

Keep dreaming of ex. [ 5 Answers ]

My ex and I broke up about 2 weeks and a half ago, but I still dream of him almost every night. The dreams aren't random weird things. They're always about him and I being together like before and just hanging out enjoying each others company. Last night, he hugged me really tight and kissed me and...

Dreaming of Snakes. [ 1 Answers ]

I have had snakes in my dreams all my life and I love reptiles so there is absolutely no fear there. But there has been two instances in my life: 1. I dreamt I was on my grand-parents's land (a place I love very much in South-Africa). When I saw a "Many-horned Adder", it bit me by the foot and...

Dreaming [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Can any psychics here offer dream interpretation? I've been getting loads of vivid and mixed dreams and I'd love some help figuring out what messages, if any, are trying to be communicated. Thanks heaps

View more questions Search